So I was talking to my friend the other day and she has started a new system with her 2 yr old daughter. They are trying to potty train her and have decided to do a fun money system! She gets a Quarter or Dime everytime she goes potty and is saving up to buy a fun BUG juice from the gas station. I thought what a brilliant idea!
Money Scholar has the perfect educational piggy bank to get Leah started on saving for her own treats or toys! These great piggy banks have a slot for Save, Invest, Give and Spend, which I love!
I remember my brothers had some banks kind of like this growing up. Although theirs were plain and boring and these are super fun and cute! They would earn money by doing chores or other things around the house and save their money or in our church we donate 10% of what we make to help build other churches and things. These banks are a great way for kids to start learning how to save money and invest in something they really want.
This is also a great way to help kids learn their different coins and how to count. So now every time Leah does something like pick up her toys or help me with laundry or vacuuming I’m going to give her a nickel or other form of money and help her put it into her coin bank and count it out. So not only is she learning to save but also how to count out things!
“Based in California, Money Scholar aims to equip our children with the right tools and knowledge for a better financial future. The organization believes that children at any age can learn the four basic principles for sound money management – saving, giving, spending and investing. Money Scholar is founded by Christine Douglas, a mother of two and an advocate for financial literacy for children. She has designed a line of unique piggy banks that reinforces the four basic principles” (Money Scholar website)
Things that are Bragworthy:
- Help Kids learn how to Save, Invest, Give and Spend their money! (although I don’t think they need help with the spending part!)
- Great way for toddlers to learn to count
- Kids can learn responsibility and earn their own things while doing chores and helping out Mom
- Cute Piggy Banks and are perfect for birthdays or other special occasion
- Perfect way to learn about finances at an early age
- A little bribery never hurt- get kids to do those chores and like doing them!
All of these cute Piggy banks can be purchased at www.moneyscholar.net
One Lucky Winner will receive a $40 gift card to the Money Scholar website to pick out your very own Piggy Bank!
MANDATORY 1st entry– Please visit Money Scholar and let us know which Piggy Bank you would choose!
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted
- 3 entries– Like Money Scholar on Facebook
- 3 entries– Follow Money Scholar on Twitter
- 2 entries– Subscribe to their Blog
- 5 entries– Enter to win a Family Vacation here. Tell us the name you used to enter.
- 2 entries– Grab The Bragging Mommy button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 1 entry for each– Follow The Bragging Mommy via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, subscribe to emails, subscribe in reader.
- 3 entries– Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. Leave a link.
- 1 entry per day– Tweet this giveaway using @braggingmommy and @moneyscholar. Include a link to this post in your tweet.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
You can enter this giveaway until June 17th @10:00 am MST. The winner will then be chosen at random, verified and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to email us back and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you agree to The Bragging Mommy Full Disclosure. You must be over the age of 18 and live in the Contiguous US to enter.
*I received a Money Scholar Piggy Bank for the purpose of this review