This is a paid public service announcement by The National Safety Council www.nsc.org to promote “My Car Does What”. All opinions are my own.
Learning about the safety features of cars doesn’t have to be boring, in fact it can be fun, and The National Safety Council thinks so too!
They have an AWESOME new app game called Dashboard Blitz available to play. It is not only tons of fun but also gets everyone learning about the safety features in cars like the back up camera, lane departure warning, anti-lock brakes, automatic emergency braking, tire pressure monitoring system, and blind spot monitors.
You’ve been tasked to run the world’s most advanced auto expo booth. Here, visitors can try out simulators with the greatest in car safety technology – from blind spot monitors to back-up cameras and more.
Along the way, you’ll score sweet upgrades, new safety features and rise to the top of the auto expo circuit!
Dashboard Blitz answers this time-honored question: My car does what?
– FAST AND SWEET GAMEPLAY
· Watch clips of common driving mishaps or difficulties – and suggest the safety feature that can help.
· Make your way through 30 LEVELS on the expo floor.
· Juggle multiple visitors, cars to reset and follow-up questions about each feature.
Plus, the longer you play, the more safety features you unlock – up to a dozen!
· What’s better than roller skates? Super skates, of course!
· Pass out awesome swag to keep your visitors happy.
· Hire greeters and mechanics to help juggle the constant flow of new visitors.
· Give visitors a time-out with the comfy chair.
– EXPLORE THE WORLD OF CAR SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
· Discover more about car safety features in your car now – from tire pressure monitors to ABS and more in a time management, engaging game.
· Be in-the-know on the newest safety features, such as drowsiness alerts.
· Impress your friends and family with your knowledge on car safety tech.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Greet a visitor entering your expo space and ask what problem they’re having.
2. See a clip of their driving mishap and pick the safety feature that could help.
3. Drag the visitor to the simulator with that safety feature so they can try it.
4. Find out if the safety feature matched – then score points or answer a follow-up.
5. Reset the car for the next customer!
TIP: Each time you earn a new safety feature, read about what it can do in the manual.
At the end of each level, you’ll see your score, how many questions you got right and how many visitors you helped. Play again for a better score to get more sweet upgrades, and keep on playing to see what other safety features your customers can try out!
Dashboard Blitz is a great game for everyone to play, kids and adults. And you won’t have any trouble getting everyone to play, because it’s actually fun. =) If you’ve ever played Diner Dash or any similar game, it’s kind of like that but with cars and great safety features. The better you are at keeping the customers happy, the more points you get to buy upgrades, watch videos, or customize your characters. You get to answer questions about which safety features would help different problems the customers have. My kids had no idea what a blind spot was, and they were very interested to learn more about that!
My boys and I absolutely loved it! I asked them after we finished to tell me what a blind spot was, and my 7 year old said “When a car is right by you but you can’t see it in your mirrors”. Pretty spot on! He definitely would not have been able to tell you that before playing this awesome game!
Visit mycardoeswhat.org to learn more about car safety features and how to prevent accidents from happening on the road. “My Car Does What” website and game created and funded by The National Safety Council and the University of Iowa.