This is a sponsored guest post.
Since there is a huge market for crib mattresses, it is not surprising anymore that there are a lot of brands and models for this product nowadays. Because of this, choosing the best one for your lovely baby can be a little daunting. One thing to remember is that infants can spend as much as 16 hours per day in their cribs. It is, therefore, crucial to take the time in choosing the best one that meets all the safety guidelines set by experts.
Now, here are some effective tips and reminders when buying a crib mattress:
- When it comes to crib mattresses the comfort level that it can give is not the only consideration that you need to think about. You should also make sure that it can provide the excellent support for your growing child. What you need to remember is that the bones of your baby are still developing, it is, therefore, essential to buy a brand that is tested and reliable and ensure your baby is sleeping in proper baby clothes.
- A bad mattress can put your baby at risk of SIDS or also known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. According to National Institute of Child Health & Human Development, it is best to use a hard mattress to help prevent it. You should also bear in mind that there are mattresses that were specially designed to be used for babies. Do not just buy any type of mattress. You should always check for the correct size and firmness.
- When it comes to crib mattresses, you can either go with foam or innerspring. It does not matter what your choice is just as long as the quality is good.
- If you are having a hard time choosing between the two types just remember that foam mattresses are usually less expensive, so if you are on a tight budget, then you should consider this. It is also generally lighter compared to its innerspring counterpart.
- If you want a foam crib mattress, go for the firm type. As a rule, the firmer it is, the better. Also, do not hesitate to ask the seller for the various types that they offer so you can check for yourself the best firmness for your baby.
- If you are getting the innerspring type, then you should prepare to pay more. They are usually heavier as well. According to experts, the best number of coils in crib mattresses range between 135 to 150. Just bear in mind that even if it is usually pricier, it does not necessarily mean that it is better. At the end of the day, it will still depend on the way it was manufactured and how perfect it is for your baby.
- If you want to advocate going green and natural, then don’t fret because there are also a lot of organic crib mattresses in the market today. Just be sure to buy from reputable companies because some may mislead their customers tricking them into buying a mattress that is actually not considered as organic.
- Don’t forget to check the mattress size. Before you go shopping, make sure that you already have the correct crib size with you. A good one will not leave a gap between the crib and the mattress.
- You should also consider getting a waterproof mattress (or at least washable) to avoid any hassles. This will save you time and energy! If the waterproof type is not available then you should consider a topper.
- Crib mattresses are generally not expensive, although, of course, it will still depend on what brand you choose. If every you decide to spend more for a crib mattress, just think about it as an investment. This is especially true if you want a specialty type. After all, you only want the best for your baby, right?
- Check for the warranty. In some cases, the duration of the warranty can give you a glimpse of its quality. If the manufacturer is not afraid to give long warranties, then more likely than not, they know that they have a good product.
A crib mattress is one of the most important purchases that you will have. Just follow the reminders we have listed above to ensure that you will get the best one for your baby.