This is a sponsored guest post.
Looking for cheap ways to move cross country? We don’t blame you because Moving on a budget is a big challenge considering the cost involved. Luckily, there are cheaper ways to move across the country that will save you a lot of cash no matter which transport system you pick so you do not have to worry about the challenges involved in moving across the country anymore. Here are 10 ways you can save money on your next long distance move:
- Make sure you organize Your Possessions: Do a little cleaning at your home to sort your possessions. This would give you the opportunity to sort out everything you own. It will definitely give you more than what you expect. Start by sorting out your possessions into groups of necessities, things you would like to save, and things you’re willing to discard. Get rid of items that aren’t important to you because the big expense depends on the amount of stuff you need to transport, leave behind heavy items like furniture, sell anything you don’t want to keep, donate usable items you can’t sell and contact stores in your area to find free cardboard boxes that will be useful for packing neatly.
- Arranging Your Trip: Make a low-priced moving plan by listing all your transport options and the expenses on a piece of paper so you can set a maximum amount you’re willing to pay. In order to get a cheaper cost. Find a place to move to before you leave because it is going to cost more if you end up living in a hotel or moving somewhere you don’t like, plan your own trip by keeping in mind that your choice is heavily related to how you want to move your possessions and also consider the moving costs for any pets you bring.
- Ensure that you choose your Shipping Method properly: Shipping your belongings is a great way to move cross country especially if you don’t have many household belongings. Firstly, Compare the costs of different shipping methods, Ship essentials through the mail to save money. if you have less furniture and you are travelling by air Bring a few suitcases on a commercial airline at a low cost. If you are travelling by road you can Use a bus or train service to move a few heavy items, Pack anything you can fit into your car to avoid extra expenses, rent a trailer to transport more possessions, create a uShip listing to move a few heavy possessions and also you can Hire cross country moving companies to avoid packing and planning.
- Make preparations if you’re driving Across the Country: Once you’re settled on transportation, plan out your route before leaving, Find the cheapest gas stations on the way to cut cost, arrange stays at hotels along your route and make sure you Pack your own food to save money.
- You can have your company pay for the move: This is possible if the company you work for has a relocation policy that includes paying for all or part payment of the move. So be sure to save all moving receipts and even your receipts for moving supplies because This way you’ll be able to document your expenses and get properly reimbursed for the move.
- Recruit friends and family: Besides hiring moving labour, if you’re looking for the cheapest solution for moving, one of the cheapest solutions is for you can always ask friends and family to help. However, you may have to work around other people’s schedules, and you may want to pay your friends back in some other way, such as pizza, wine or a gift card.
- Look for companies that are offering discounts: There are definitely companies out there that are willing to offer great discount for moving across the country. So Before you move, do your research on moving companies, moving containers, truck rentals and moving supply retailers that offer deals and discounts because this will do you good as it will be more effective.
- Choose a better moving date: When you move can create a huge impact on the price of your moving. avoid peak moving season which is a period especially during the holidays when a lot of people travel and transport companies increase their rates. This could possibly save you money on truck rentals, moving companies and more. A few peak moving dates to avoid (if possible) consist of weekends, the months between Memorial Day and Labour Day, and the first and last weeks of the month. Aim for a mid-day, mid-month move between the months of October to April.
- Rent a portable moving container: Renting a portable moving container is one of the most popular alternatives to using full-service movers. For starters, renting a portable moving container is much economical than hiring a professional moving company. Second, portable moving containers can also double as storage solutions before and after the move. To move using a moving container, all you have to do is load your boxes and belongings, and the container company will do the rest. Just to name a few, Common moving container companies consist of PODS, ABF’s U-Pack ReloCubes, United Mayflower’s container, Go Mini’s, U-Haul’s U-Boxes, and 1-800-PACK-RAT.
- Choose sea freight over air freight: The most economical global shipping option is by means of the open waves. Sailing your stuff through the sea has a better significance than doing it through the air. You can send a lot more cargo on a ship than you can on a plane and at a mere fraction of the cost. It is evident that ships take much longer than planes to reach their destination, but that’s one of the reasons they are so much cheaper. A plane full of cargo can get from the UK to Australia in about two or three days, while a container ship will take up to one month.
Finally, moving across the country can be very expensive and it demands a fair deal of planning, organization and budgeting to make moving be a success. Anytime you want to move, You can always cut the cost by trying out these 10 tips on the cheapest ways for you to move.