I received this movie for my review. All opinions are my own.
As you probably already know, I was so fortunate to attend the SOLO: A Star Wars Story press junket and red carpet movie premiere. I had an incredible time and highly recommend you check out my links at the bottom of this post with all of my interviews.
“… makes the jump to lightspeed and doesn’t slow down.”
– Ash Crossan, ET Online
EXPERIENCE THE FUN-FILLED GALACTIC HEIST
“SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY” SEPT. 14 ON DIGITAL,
AND ON BLU-RAY SEPT. 25
Extensive extras invite fans aboard the Millennium Falcon with Han, Chewie
and Lando, and behind the scenes with the stellar cast and crew
“Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” directed by Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Ron Howard—the creator of unforgettable films, such as “A Beautiful Mind,” “Apollo 13,” “Parenthood” and “Splash”—took moviegoers on this summer’s wildest ride with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy, Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich). The action-packed journey explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and co-pilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), as well as his adventure-filled past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson). Watch instantly on Sept. 14th as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and on Movies Anywhere, and bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25.“
I loved the movie so very much. It is packed with action and was IMO the most fun Star Wars movie to date. I loved learning more about Han Solo and his origin story. Read my full SOLO A Star Wars Story movie review. So I couldn’t wait to receive SOLO and watch it again at home. It is just as good the second time, if not better. I loved it again! So much fun and I am super happy to have this in my Disney Movies Anywhere so we can watch it anytime.
I was also excited to take a look at the Bonus Features. I squealed with delight when I saw this bonus “The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park” giving us some insight into the Millenium Falcon and how it be incorporated into the new Star Wars land in Disneyland! Here is what you will find for bonus features…
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable- Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie- See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan- Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia- Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist- Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37- Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso- Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run- Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
SOLO: A Star Wars Story is Now Available on Digital and is Available on Blu-ray tomorrow 9/25!
SOLO: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray and Digital gets Bragging Rights!
Also, be sure to check out all of my fun interview posts from the SOLO movie press junket that I attended.
- My interview with Alden Ehrenreich who plays “Han Solo”
- Interviewing Woddy Harrelson for SOLO: A Star Wars Story
- Talking with Emilia Clarke about her role in SOLO.
- Sitting down with Director Ron Howard about SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY.
- From Vision to Villain ~ Interview with Paul Bettany for Solo.
- Chatting with Joonas Suotamo who plays Chewbacca.
- Talking with Phoebe Waller-Bridge who plays “L3-37” in SOLO.