I received an Incognito Kid Positioning Seat from Safety 1st for my review. All opinions are my own.
If you have a child that it around the age of 8 then I’m sure you have heard at least one of these before; “I don’t want to sit on a Booster seat anymore” “It’s uncomfortable” “It looks like a baby seat” “Why do I have to have a booster seat?” “I’m too old for this” “My friends don’t have to sit in a booster”. I just started hearing these types of phrases from my son. He just doesn’t want to be in a booster seat anymore when we are riding in the car.
But it is SO IMPORTANT to KEEP YOUR CHILD IN A BOOSTER SEAT for their safety until they are at least 4′ 9″ inches tall and weigh between 80- 100 pounds. This is usually between ages 8 to 12 years.
A good way to know if your child is ready is by using this “Safety Belt Fit Test from SafeKids.Org:
- The child’s knees should bend at the edge of the seat when his or her back and bottom are against the vehicle seat back;
- The vehicle lap belt should fit across the upper thighs; and
- The shoulder belt should fit across the shoulder and chest. Older kids get weighed and measured less often than babies, so check your child’s growth a few times a year. Generally, kids need to use a booster seat until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. For most kids, they will be between ages 8 to 12 year old.”-SafeKids.Org
It isn’t as much about the booster seat you use, but more about how the seat belt is positioned on your child.
So what do you do if your child is not large enough to sit without a Booster Car Seat but wants out? That is where the Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat comes in and saves the day. At least it has for me. My son absolutely loves this seat.
The Safety 1st Incognito™ is a NEW Kid-Positioning Seat. Designed to prevent slouching, it is more comfortable for your child to ride on. Most importantly, it keeps the seat belt positioned where it should be.
- For kids 60-120 pounds & up to 60” in height
- Prevents slouching and ensures proper seat belt positioning
- Gives a safer and more comfortable ride, without the look of a traditional booster car seat.
- Offered in 4 colors designed to match most vehicle interiors
It comes in 4 different colors to match your car seats; gray, dark gray, black, and tan. This way it fits in and looks like your child is just sitting on the regular seat. It gives them a feeling of being a big kid by eliminating the bright colors boosters generally sport.
We have been using it for a couple of weeks now and my son is so happy. He says it is much more comfortable than his old booster car seat and loves that he doesn’t look like he is sitting in a booster seat anymore.
But I know he is still safe and the bonus is that he is happy. Both mom and kid happy, it’s a win win!
You can learn more about the Incognito Kid Positioning Seat as well as where to purchase at Safety1st.com.
The Incognito Kid Positioning Seat from Safety 1st gets Bragging Rights!
One lucky Bragging Mommy reader will win an Incognito Kid Positioning Seat in their choice of color!
Enter via the giveaway tools widget below.