This post is brought to you by inkprofy.com.
Who is a real fashionista? The real fashionista is devoted to fashion clothing, but she is not a mindless trend-chaser. She perceives fashion as an art, her body as a canvas, and life as a time to develop a unique sense of style.
The fashionista is not the one, who has tons of clothes that cannot be put together in a harmonious image, but the one, who can create a stylish look from the necessary things in the wardrobe. In addition, each individual thing can be combined with at least 3 more things in her arsenal.
Do you strive to become a fashionista? Do you want to build your wardrobe from scratch to find your own, unique style? Do you want to find the essentials, which will make you look trendy? Then here is some information, which will help you.
How To Clean Out The Wardrobe
Your wardrobe isn’t about the abundance of trends, which can be silly and inappropriate sometimes. Your wardrobe is about having items, which fit you perfectly and while wearing them you ooze self-confidence and attractiveness. Here are some tips for you how to make your wardrobe smaller, but more meaningful.
- Empty your closet
Put all clothes you have on your bed to keep yourself motivated to finish this task as soon as possible. Put your clothes, jewelry, accessories, shoes in one place. Then clean your closet, air it out and go for a walk. You have to clear your mind and to focus on what you should do.
- Sort out your things
Go with your gut and follow your first reaction. Put four containers and sort items into the following piles:
- Absolutely love it! Here should be items without which you can’t live. They should perfectly fit your figure and taste.
- Maybe. There are pieces you love, but you don’t have any idea how to combine them or you keep them only because of good memories.
- Donate. Here should be those clothes, which don’t fit your shape, complexion, lifestyle or taste. The items are in a good condition, but wearing them for you is pointless.
- Trash. You haven’t worn some things for many years and they are stained or ruined. You should get rid of them.
- A second glance
Look at those piles, where good clothes are. Organize the items and look at colors. Do you have three pairs of identical black jeans or three pink sweaters? Then choose one or two and leave the others. Also, ask yourself two questions: “Will I spend money again to buy these clothes?” and “Will I wear these items in the near future or in 6 months?” If your answers are no, then donate these items.
- The final touch
After the job has been done, don’t postpone further actions. Bag up all items to donate and throw out unnecessary items.
Outfit Essentials For Fashionistas
Any outfit for a stylish girl should be brilliant from the head to toe and each part of the overall look should be selected carefully. How to combine clothes is up to you, we provide the list of necessary essentials, which are building blocks of a solid and sophisticated look.
These essentials are basic and versatile, and they have certain features:
These pieces are universal and you can wear them almost on each occasion as they tone up a trendy outfit.
Basic items can be matched almost with all accessories and clothes. You can easily change the look from the casual one into formal or festive by adding bold accessories.
- Make up a wardrobe capsule
These items multiply your outfits. It means that even ten basic garments in your wardrobe may create more than fifty different outfits.
- A denim jacket without holes, scuffs, embroidery, and rhinestones should be a daytime standard.
- A leather jacket is a timeless trend. It may make the sweet look more dashing or complement a bold all black outfit.
- A wrap coat adds a low-key glam and negligence to the look. Yet, it’s practical because you are swathed in cashmere, which keeps you warm.
- A trench coat is lightweight, waterproof, comfortable, yet structured, it has a neutral color, which fits almost any look.
- A plain white (black) tee with an open neckline is a perfect basic item, which fits all figure types and a perfect canvas for layering necklaces.
- A black tank is practical as it may be worn with chinos, khakis and cocktail shorts.
- A cropped denim vest may be thrown on over every outfit. It works well with feminine dresses, tank tops.
- A chambray tee is a unique basic piece because it works well with everything in your closet. Metallic skinny jeans, a lacy mini skirt, graphic leggings create a perfect ensemble with it.
- A flannel shirt may be styled in different ways. With its help, you can create a laid-back, western, and hipster looks.
- A striped tee is great for creating an artistic look and if stripes are vertical, you will look visually leaner.
- A long sleeve tee is a layering piece, which may be combined with a dress and a shirt for a sophisticated look.
- A sweater should be wool or cashmere. In a combination with jeans, it creates a perfect casual look.
- A short sleeve blouse, paired with black pants, jeans or a skirt always adds glam.
- Graphic T-shirts are awesome pieces for a playful look. Choose the ones with funny logos, phrases or a reference to the band you like.
- A cardigan tops off any outfit as it makes it more complicated and interesting.
- A blazer, which flatters the figure and creates the right silhouette, is a must have for every woman. It doesn’t matter whether she is an office person, a housewife or a businesswoman.
- A white, silk blouse makes the outfit feminine and light.
- Dark skinny jeans make you slimmer and work well with any top and the bottom.
- Boyfriend jeans create an ultra feminine look. Matched with a lace top and pumps, they look extremely attractive.
- Flare jeans will never go out of style! With fitted or loose tops and any shoes, they look cool.
- Leather leggings are perfect for a night out. Paired with a loose tank, a blouse, or a blazer, it creates a sexy date look.
- Ankle length black pants are a great alternative to leggings and jeans if you need to dress up either for work or for a party.
- Denim shorts are a practical and stylish piece, which makes the look laid-back and casual.
- An A-line skirt creates the necessary silhouette. It may hide extra pounds and make the waistline smaller.
- A going out skirt should be flattering to your figure and has a vivid print so that you’ll stand out while wearing it.
- A pencil skirt is a good variant for the office and special events. It creates an hourglass figure, which is always sexy.
- A midi skirt with a floral print, matched with a silk blouse and dainty pumps, is a go-to option in any season.
- A maxi skirt is a universal item, which may look playful, formal, laid-back depending on the matching items.
- Ankle boots fit countless outfits. Go for suede, leather ankle boots of any colors to create playful and formal looks.
- Everyday sandals are a chic alternative to flip flops. They may be a part of a casual look or a festive look if they have a studded finish.
- Riding boots are as chic as practical and fit any season and weather.
- Combat boots are great for a rough look with a leather jacket and jeans. Besides, they are practical and beautiful.
- White sneakers will go with any outfit as they freshen up the look.
- Running shoes are great for hectic days when you need to look pretty and feel comfortable.
- Flats of conventional colors will always add a classic touch to any look. They are chic and comfortable.
- Pumps are must have because they are a safe and reliable option for any occasion.
- Statement heels should be of a vibrant color, with an unusual print or with an amazing detailing. They make any outfit sexy.
- Strappy sandals of pastel hues work well both with denim and a luxurious evening gown.
- A little black dress is an eternal trend. Wear it each time you should look perfect at weddings, and formal dinners.
- A maxi dress is a good alternative for traveling or when you need to layer up.
- A romper with an offbeat print is a perfect casual variant. If you a looking for a formal variant, then you need the romper of a deep color with a simple cut and statement accessories.
- A summer dress, made of a delicate fabric, like lace, silk, tulle or a combination of textures will be a part of a girly look.
- A long sleeve dress is a perfect layering piece, which keeps you warm in a cold weather and looks stylish.
- An office dress should be elegant and modest. It should be knee length and be of a muted tone.
- The going out dress should flatter your complexion and figure. It should be easily matched with any accessories, which make you look divine.
- A leather belt makes even the look with jeans and a T-shirt chicer.
- Any hat, combined with a stylish look, makes it complete.
- Sunglasses may make the look more serious, more mysterious or just hide some traces of a sleepless night.
- A watch, combined with additional jewelry, makes the look more sophisticated.
- A statement necklace makes each look dramatically cool and adds a fresh pop. It looks offbeat both with dresses and chambray tees.
- A silk scarf is an offbeat accessory, which elevates any look. Besides, it’s practical as it keeps you warm in winter and it stays cool in summer.
- A leather tote is a practical essential as it should be large enough to carry everything you need and sturdy to withstand daily wear.
- A clutch is a go-to option for any festive event.
- A cross-body purse is for those, who don’t like leather totes because they are too big and don’t like clutches because they are too small. It is stylish and has a good size for everyday items.
Hence, stick to these tips if you want to be the one, who creates trends – a true fashionista. However, don’t forget that being a fashionista is not about having the clothes to wear, it’s about having your own life philosophy, your lifestyle, and beauty!
Written by Helen Rogers http://inkprofy.com/