This is a sponsored guest post. It might sound silly to say that the socks you choose to wear are insights into your soul but they actually do express your personality. What we choose to wear are literally forms of self-expression. When we are feeling down we tend to wear dull and drab clothes. When we are feeling upbeat, we often choose vibrant colors and funky styles. Recent studies have shown that those who wear cool and crazy socks have some traits in common including:
- People perceive you as being more successful and smarter than those who don’t
- You are independent, unique and confident
- You have a trendy fashion sense, have no problem standing out from others, and are free-spirited
Different Types of Fashion Socks
There are fashion socks for both men and women of all ages.
- Boot socks look great when worn with skinny jeans, leggings, skirts, or dresses, especially when worn with cute boots.
- Socks with logos show off either a company you work for or a cause you find important.
- Miuccia Prada brought designer fashion socks to the runway where the models wore knee-high great-looking socks that made a powerful fashion statement.
- There are socks available for every season including Christmas socks, hearts for Valentine’s Day, leaves for the fall, and beach themes for the summer.
- Did you lose one sock of a pair? No worries, mismatched socks are actually a trend now. You can either buy them mismatched or just wear one sock from two different sets for instant fun and style.
- Are you or someone you care about a Batman, Superman, or Disney fan? They make socks for that too.
- Music lover? Show off your passion and style with socks of musical instruments, music notes, or even music artists you follow.
- Soccer, basketball, or football player? They make novelty socks for you too!
The Psychology of Color
The colors you choose to wear give off different signals about your behavior, feelings and your mood.
- Red shows that you don’t mind standing out from others and also shows that you are confident.
- Because brown is a natural color, it evokes a sense of reliability, strength, comfort, security, and warmth.
- The color blue represents order, security, peacefulness, reliability, and stable feelings.
- Yellow in small amounts is described as warm and cheery. However, because it is so bright, it can also cause eye fatigue and frustration when overused.
- The color white implies innocence and purity. On the positive side, white conveys freshness and cleanliness. On the negative side, it has been described as bland and cold.
- Pink is often associated with romance and love and has a calming effect. It used to be only a feminine color, but that is no longer the case. Fashion trends show that pink is acceptable and worn well by both men and women.
- Green symbolizes nature and is said to represent health, good luck, and tranquility.
Add Some Bling to Your Blah Wardrobe
When we are on our own time we are basically free to wear whatever we want. But what if you work for a company with a dress code or attend a school that requires you to wear a uniform? Don’t worry, there’s still help available to spruce up your style. Adding a splash of color with accessories or Cool Socks can offset the drab environment that is stifling your fashion personality. It is no longer expected that both men and women think they have to play it safe with the socks they wear. Instead of thinking that those who wear crazy and cool socks as inappropriate, according to Business Insider, we now see them as being trendsetters and creative. “People who wear crazy socks are more popular, competent, nonconformists, and successful.” Now that you know that the kinds of socks you wear are like a window into your soul, how will you take advantage of this essential fashion accessory? How about mixing up your choices depending on your mood on any given day? Wear mismatched socks when you want to show off your free spirit. For those days you are feeling energetic and ready to take on the world, choose vibrant-colored or cool-patterned socks.