This is a sponsored guest post.
How much have you minimized your skincare and makeup routine since you became a mom? Can you get yourself ready under five minutes only? Do you know how to look good even if you are running under a few hours of sleep?
A lot of millennial moms have already figured out how to look put-together, even if they are really not. In case you are one of those who still struggles a lot from following a simple skin care routine because of the lack of time, you have to improve that right now. Even though mom days can be pretty busy, you always can find at least five minutes for a basic, but essential beauty routine to feel and look better. You just have to find that time for yourself the same way your husband finds time for football, High Roller casino gambling, or watching TV.
So, what should you do if you don’t want to look like you just rolled out of bed when you’re out in public, but don’t have more than a few minutes for that?
Mom Beauty Hacks: 5-Minute Morning Routine
Getting ready with a toddler is not an easy thing to do. That’s why you must work out a quick and easy beauty routine, which is not going to take more than a few minutes in the morning. Where to start from and what products should you go for?
A skincare routine on the go consists of products that can be absorbed by your skin fast and can be used even when you already wear a blazer and a pair of heels. Don’t confuse an intensive skin care routine and an everyday routine. For everyday use, pick multipurpose products mainly.
- Start with a cleanser. Washing your face in the morning is absolutely a must. Go for a gentle cleanser with a balanced pH, especially if you have oily or combination skin. Or don’t use a cleanser and give your skin just a quick rinse.
- Moisturizer. To save more time, leave heavy serums and face oils for the evening as they need more time to get absorbed by your skin. Look for moisturizers with SPF to add sun protection to your daily routine without the need to buy an SPF cream separately. Among the best formulas and Allure picks are Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Supergoop Superscreen Daily moisturizer, etc. Make sure you pay attention to your neck as well. It is also a part of your face.
- Lip care. Take care of your lips by brushing them with a toothbrush for a few minutes or using a special lip scrub for softer lips. Put a layer of your favorite lip balm.
- Under-eye brightener. We don’t include a foundation in our five-minute morning routine. Instead of this, we recommend buying two concealers – for the under eye area and imperfections (blemishes, acne spots). Concealers do an excellent job when it comes to making you look less tired. There are lots of good concealers on the market. If you want something more expensive, check products by Guerlain or Nars. But there are many qualitative makeup items at lower prices as well. For example, by Maybelline or NYX.
- Cheeks and lips. A creamy pigment product for both lips and cheeks is a must for makeup on the go. This will give a healthy flush to the face and the lips without the need to buy a bronzer, a blush, and a lipstick separately. The best products in this category are Lip2Cheek by RMS, Lip+Cheek by Milk, and Benetint by Benefit.
There is nothing hard in doing your making on the go. Just give it a try with the right products.