This is a sponsored guest post.
Isn’t it funny how most kids nowadays know a lot more about
technology than adults do? You may have experienced this sentiment yourself
when you had to ask your kid how to open an account on some social media
platform or how to control a particular character in a game that you play
Whatever momentous occasion, you’ll want to give them a present they’ll surely treasure for a long time whether it be any of those gifts for gamers or some of the latest gadgets aimed explicitly towards kids.
To make the best choice easier for you, here are three gift ideas worth considering:
- Bengoo G9000 Stereo Gaming Headset
You may have previously bought your kid a PlayStation 4, an Xbox One, or a gaming PC. However, the pair of speakers that they use creates too much noise in their room. You might then want to give them a Bengoo G9000 stereo gaming headset and ask them to use it instead of speakers.
Unlike most ordinary gaming
headphones, this comes loaded with the
following features that they will love:
- A multidirectional microphone that can pick up their voice without them having to shout
at any of their teammates while playing their favorite online multiplayer game
- Well-padded ear cups and headband
that aim to give them enough comfort while playing for hours
- LED lights to make it
look futuristic and fashionable at the same time
- Stereo surround with emphasis on bass so that your kid will feel the rumble of any explosions or other bass-heavy sounds in whichever game they play
The best part is that despite all the features mentioned above, the Bengoo G9000 stereo gaming headset will cost you only less than $30 which is quite affordable compared to others that professional gamers use.
- Ozobot Starter Pack
If you don’t want them spending most of their free time playing video games, you
can give them a programmable robot as a present instead.
One such toy that is worth checking out is Ozobot, a one-inch dome-shaped toy that your kid will have to control by doing the following steps:
- Take the Ozobot, the four colored markers, and coding sheets out of the starter pack box.
- Calibrate it for playing by turning it on, placing it on top of the black dot that they can find in one of the coding sheets, and waiting for it to blink green.
- Connect the broken lines in the other coding sheets using any of the four colored markers.
- Place it on top of the Start position in any coding sheet with a complete marker-constructed path.
- Watch it make its way to the coding sheet’s Finish position.
The mechanics of playing Ozobot might seem deceptively easy enough. But did you know that the said robot toy can teach your kid the following?
- Deductive reasoning and critical thinking as some of the coding sheets contain forked paths and mazes
- Creativity in tackling a specific problem, especially for brain teaser coding sheets that will require them to think out of the box
- Rudimentary programming skills as they can mix and match the colors in the four markers to instruct the Ozobot to go fast or slow, turn left or right, spin, and several other things that they can make it do
- Kano Computer Kit
On the other hand, if you want them to figure out how to build a computer from scratch, you should give them a Kano computer kit instead.
This comes with the following
parts that your kid will have to assemble with the help of a printed guide
- Raspberry Pi 3 motherboard which is roughly the size of a credit card
- Circuit board with USB and audio ports
- USB cables
- Cable management block
The only two components that
don’t require assembly are its 10-inch monitor and wireless keyboard. Once your
kid has successfully assembled the Kano computer, they can start using it to
play educational games, learn how to code, make digital art, and so much more.
Despite worries from some parents about technology having adverse effects on their children,
everyone has to face the fact that it has become a staple in today’s world. As
a parent, you can’t risk depriving your kids of technology – though you’ll have
to monitor when they already use too much of it that it starts hampering their
Buying them a gift can be challenging. But with the three gift ideas listed above, you can have an easier time choosing which one to give to your techy kid.