This is a sponsored guest post.
Gaming has been rising in popularity for years, with 2020 seeing a big jump in the number of people playing video games and participating in esports. Not only are more people playing, more people are watching tournaments and live streams of gamers in action. Gambling on esports is also on the rise with fans looking for trusted CS:GO betting sites with codes where they can place wagers. Some people are quite serious about their gaming while others are casual players who just want to have fun. Whether you are a casual gamer just starting out or hardcore about your gaming, here are 10 tips that can help make your experience better.
Top Ten Tips for Serious Gamers
- Be Patient: Rome wasn’t built in a day and it is highly unlikely that you will master your chosen game in a day either. It takes time to become good at anything and this includes playing video games. If you are just starting out on a game it will take some time before you will be competitive with players who have been at it for months or even years. Improvement will come with patience and time.
- Maintain your health: It is easy to get caught up in a video game to the exclusion of everything else. Some people forget to eat, sleep, or even drink when they are totally immersed in a game. It is important that you eat a good meal, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Periodic exercise is also good. This isn’t just healthier but will also improve your gameplay. The fact is you will perform better if you are in good health.
- Choose the right equipment: There is no need to run out and buy the most expensive gaming rig but if you want to play well you will want to make sure your system can at least run the game without a lot of delays. It is annoying and can also affect gameplay. You will also need a decent internet connection when playing online. A good gaming mouse is a worthwhile investment and can definitely improve your performance as well.
- Play with good players: You aren’t going to see much if any, improvement if you only play with and against people who you are better than. If you want to get better spend some time competing against players who are better than you. Of course, this can be frustrating at first but with time your skill level will increase due to playing against stiffer competition. If you are playing a single-player game, play on a harder setting instead of the easiest setting just to get the win. Many online games have ranking systems that match you with and against players of a similar skill level. Some will be a little better than you, and some a little worse so you will have a chance to play against somebody better without getting crushed every 5 seconds.
- Make use of hotkeys: In many games, you can bind certain actions to computer keys, which lets you perform the action, or series of actions much faster than you can with a mouse. It can be a little awkward at first if you are used to doing everything with a mouse, but once you get the hang of it you will find that it will really improve your performance. Some games have the hotkeys preset while others allow you to set the keys yourself.
- Take breaks: Taking the occasional break can actually help improve your performance. Rather than playing non-stop for 5 hours take a 5 to 15min break every hour. Stretch the kinks out, grab a snack or get a breath of fresh air. You will be able to return to the game with renewed focus and energy.
- Watch professionals and tutorials: Watching pro players compete is a good way to learn how to execute strategies and techniques that are effective. Twitch is a good place to catch pros in action. Tutorials are another great way to pick up on new strategies and techniques. Any area of a game you are having trouble with, there is likely to be a tutorial on YouTube or someplace else about it. If you are hung up at a certain point in a game try to Google it. Odds are that somebody has gotten stuck at the same point and provided advice on how to get past it.
- Don’t quit: If you want to become good at a particular game you have to stick with it. It can be very frustrating if you are stuck on a certain level and just can’t seem to get past it. Hang in there and don’t give up. It will be that much more satisfying when you finally get past the point you are stuck at. It isn’t uncommon for players to reach a sticking point in a game for a while, or to have a few bad days where nothing seems to go their way. Try a different approach, watch some tutorials, and relax.
- Have fun: Most people play video games for entertainment and to have fun. However, some gamers lose sight of the fact that they initially started playing because they enjoyed it. They can become obsessed with their ranking and frustrated and angry if they don’t perform well. You can be competitive and still enjoy playing the game. If it is no longer fun, then why would you want to play? After all, it is a game and chances are you will perform better if you are having fun.
- Avoid toxic players: This kind of goes hand in hand with having fun. Unfortunately, some online gaming communities have a reputation for being toxic. Nothing can take the fun out of a game like being trolled by some idiot whose only goal seems to be to ruin your gaming experience. Some games allow you to block and/or report players like this so you don’t have to just accept this type of behavior.