If you’re a working mom, you have two jobs—taking care of your children and making your employer happy. Between the two, there isn’t much time left over for taking care of yourself. Here are 10 quick and easy beauty tips that you can fit in during those rare moments to yourself:
1. Organize your beauty products. You shouldn’t have to rummage through a crammed-full drawer or heaping basket to find your eye shadow. Keep all your beauty supplies in the type of divided box sold for fishing tackle. If you remove the lid, you can slide it in your bathroom drawer. If you need to make a business trip, just replace the lid and slip it in your suitcase.
2. Get a no-fuss haircut. Ask for an easily-styled haircut that works with your natural texture. If you’re prone to acne breakouts, get a cut that stays out of your face. When oily hair touches the face, it can contribute to pimples and blackheads.
3. Keep dry shampoo in stock. For those busy mornings when everything seems to go wrong and there’s no time to wash your hair, a quick treatment with dry shampoo can get you looking great for the office.
4. Keep a supply of hair accessories. On days when your hair won’t cooperate, don’t waste time trying to curl or straighten it into submission. Tuck it into a neat, professional-looking barrette.
5. Exfoliate while you wash. Instead of a separate exfoliating treatment, use an exfoliating wash a few times a week.
6. Pat your face dry instead of rubbing it. Rubbing your face with a towel can cause fine lines. Patting it dry takes no longer and is better for your skin.
7. Use a combination sunscreen and moisturizer. If you apply it after you get out of the shower or as you prepare for a trip to the playground, you’ll be giving your face a moisturizing treatment and preventing sun damage in one step.
8. Use a combination sunscreen and lipstick. Lips can get damaged by the sun, too, which causes them to wrinkle.
9. Grab a bag of salad mix instead of a fast-food lunch. The vitamin A and other antioxidants in a spinach salad are great for your skin, slowing down age-related degeneration of cells. The salad dressing is not as nutritious, though, so just dip the tines of your fork in the dressing before you spear a salad leaf.
10. Drink lots of water. No matter how busy you are, you’ll probably be drinking something during the day. Instead of a trip to the soda machine, bring some water bottles to work.
Christy Levine currently writes for Edrugstore MD, an online facilitator for discreet medications such as Viagra, Cialis and Levitra online, where they offer an ask a physician section on Edrugstore.md. Laura has extensive background in health and wellness and enjoys offering her tips on the eDrugstore.MD Blog.