This is a sponsored guest post.
An applicant has to know things and make things done pre and post the collection of visa during the immigration plan to America.
Prior to migrating to America, the knowledge of these are important:
- Before getting visa to migrate to the America, a person is supposed to enquire on the different issuance of visa that is available to his or her case and on the documents to be filled before such application for visa can be acceptable.
For a case of Immigration, the major visas applicable to this situation is the Family Immigration Visa, Diversity Immigrant Visa, Fiancé(e) Immigrant Visa and Inter-country Adoption of Orphans Visa. These different kinds of visa applications have different requirements and documents to be approved.
The most common type of visa is the ESTA, which is valid for 90 days from the receipt of the confirmation; whereas, a visa can be much longer than that. There are also various visas – from work, student and tourist visa, it is important that the traveller know the difference between ESTA and VISA but also which will be their best choice.
Once a traveller has completed an online ESTA Application, they will typically receive a response within 48 hours, so long as there are no anomalies to their account or any red-flags. Upon receiving confirmation, the travellers ESTA will be valid for 2-years. The ESTA will remain valid for that time as long as they don’t change their information, convicted or if their passport expires. If any of the following happens, they will have to restart the process for attaining an ESTA. However, there are limited number of countries which are granted approval under this program.
The general standard before diversifying into the different kinds of visas is that the foreigner to America must be sponsored by a citizen of America or a relative who is a lawful permanent resident relative or intending American employer who fills the petition (the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative) for the foreigner with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Some monies are then paid, and some documents submitted at the National Visa Center (NVC).
For the Family Immigration Visa, there are categories of individuals who fall under this kind of visa and so different category of visa different individuals. For the spouse of an American citizen, the Visa Category is IR1, CR1 and K-3. For some select family members of an American citizen, the visa category is IR2, CR2, IR5, F1, F3 and F4. For some select family members of a lawful permanent resident, the visa category is F2A and F2B.
- After the petition has been submitted with to the visa category, the process at the NVC where fees as regarding the kind of visa category is paid and some documents are submitted, particularly, the Visa Application form and the Financial and Supporting documents are collected and submitted after being filled appropriately. The Supporting Documents include Birth certificates, Court and Prison records, Marriage Certificates, Marriage Termination Documentation, Military Records, Petitioner Documents and other documents as may be required.
- When the submission of required documents and payment of fees in the NVC has been done, the next stage is the interview and questions relating to the intentions of the applicants/interviewee will be asked and a decision as to the danger, if any, the applicant pose to America will be made. Thereafter, the consular officer will notify the applicant on the decision arrived at concerning his or her visa’s application. If successful, a visa with the appropriate immigration category will be allotted to the person.
- Subsequent to the visa collection, plans on having an easy life in America should be made. There are many things to be put into consideration. There is need to translate the documents received and owned to English Language where the local language of the nation the intending migrant lives differs from English Language.
- It is important for the intending migrant to refresh his or her English skills as English is the official and majorly spoken language in America. There are crash courses online which could assist with improving a person’s language skills in English.
- There is need to visit a doctor to acquire an international vaccine record for the intending migrant and any other persons going with him or her. This also applies to pets which are to migrate with him or her, such clean record for the pet should not extend 30 days.
- It is important to acquire an international driver’s license so that there will be no difficulty in chauffeuring a vehicle in America.
- It is important to get all the required documents such as the International Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Personal Identification Card, School transcript and Job applications documents.
- A valid international passport is required for the journey to America by the travel agency and by the Customs and Immigration personnel in America, this includes other Law Enforcement officers.
- Plans should made for an accommodation in America before traveling down there. Such plans should be made after the visa application has been approved.