I love the Holiday Season! I am enjoying every minute of it even though it seems to be flying by so quickly. So I got to thinking, how can I make this year the Ultimate Holiday Season? Here are 10 things I have done and will do this year to make it the Ultimate Holidays season to remember:
1. Traditions, Traditions, Traditions! They are so important! I have great memories of all the traditions my mom started with me as a child. I have carried on those traditions into my new family because they mean so much to me. Don’t focus to much on having the best traditions, some of my favorites are the simplest.
2. Think Outside the Box! When it comes to gift giving, don’t just go for the obvious choices. Think of unique, personalized and clever gifts. These will be the gifts that will be remembered and cherished for years.
3. Play in the Snow! That is if you have snow to play in :) We do, so we make sure we get out and have snowball fights, go sledding, skiiing, snowboarding. You have to build a snowman and make snow angels at least once or it’s not the Holidays!
4. Bake Treats! I remember as a child making yummy treats with my mom. Sometimes they were simple sometimes they were very elaborate, but always delicious! I had so much fun baking with her and have fond memories of our time together. We made treats and took them around to all our neighbors and to family parties.
5. Give! Take the time to give during the Holidays. Whether you can donate your time or your money, give to the less fortunate this Holidays Season. It is so important to teach your children to give as well. It is something they will remember and implement in their own life.
6. See the Lights! I love Christmas Lights, they are so pretty. So be sure you get out and see them. Even if it’s just driving in your car. There is something about looking at lights that put me into the holiday mood.
7. Party! Tis’ the Season Right?! Yes! So have a party at your house with your friends and family, or go to parties your invited to. It is so fun to get together with loved ones during the holidays. So don’t miss out on the chances you have!
8. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff! Being a hostess can be stressful, try not to worry to much. If you do you will find that everyone had a good time except you. This has happened to me on many occasions. I look back and think, I hope everyone enjoyed this party because I didn’t! So I have learned not to stress when things go wrong, I plan and prepare as much as I can. Then I just have to sit back and let the cards fall where they may and enjoy the party.
9. Take the Time to Enjoy! One of my favorite things to do during the Holidays is to sit by the fire with hot cocoa and watch the snow fall. It is so peaceful and beautiful. That’s when I really feel like the holiday season is upon me.
10. Christmas Music! I like playing Christmas music in our house throughout the season. There is such fun, beautiful, and spiritual Christmas music. It puts the whole family in a happy mood. I have particularly enjoyed seeing my little guy learn the words to the songs this year.
I would love to hear what you do to make the Ultimate Holiday season for your family! Please share!
Celebrate the season through a limited time collection of toys and games by Hasbro: http://www.hasbro.com/ultimategifts!
Hasbro 2010 Holiday “ULTIMATE GIFTS” include:
FURREAL FRIENDS BISCUIT, MY LOVIN’ PUP
FURREAL FRIENDS BUTTERSCOTCH MY FURREAL PONY
MONOPOLY ONYX EDITION
SCRABBLE PREMIER Wood Edition
STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON
TRANSFORMERS ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE
*I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Hasbro Ultimate Gifts blogging sweepstakes, making me eligible to get a $50 Gift card to use at www.HasbroToyShop.com! For more information on how you can participate, click here.