Summer is such a fun time for us. We love getting out and having fun as a family. The warm weather brings about so many fun places to go and activities to do as a family. I wanted to share with you the top 5 getaways I think every kid should experience during the summer:
1. Amusement Park – They are so much fun aren’t they? There are a lot of options for Amusement Parks, whether it is a large amusement park like Disneyland or Six Flags or a smaller local park, kids have a blast going. I have a lot of fun memories going to our local amusement park with my friends and a kid/teenager. We haven’t had a chance to take Bug to our local amusement park and I can’t wait to take him this summer. Another great option if you don’t have an amusement park near you, see if you have any carnivals or fairs you can go to. Fun Fun Fun!
2. Zoo – Whether it is a large zoo with a lot of animals, or a small petting zoo, kids enjoy seeing animals. It is a great way for your kids to learn as well, take the time to read to your kids about each animal as you see them (at the zoo) if you go to a petting zoo, look up some fun facts about the animals you will be seeing and tell them to your kids as your there. We enjoy visiting the zoo and even have a tradition of going to the zoo every year on Bug’s birthday. He loves it so much!
3. Water Park – For us summer is all about swimming, so naturally we love taking trips to our local water parks. A day of fun in the sun, and the water! If you don’t have a park near you and don’t want to travel go to your local pool. Or buy an inflatable pool or slip and slide (or both) and make a day of swimming fun in the backyard. Or if your lucky enough to live near a beach have a beach day! Just make sure you apply the sunscreen several times during the day so you and your kiddos don’t end up getting fried 🙂
4. Camping – It is such an inexpensive way to take a trip as a family. Just pack up some food, a tent and head out to a camp ground. The fresh air and being in nature can really bring life back into perspective. The best part about it is there are no electronics (t.v., video games, etc…) so you get to spend quality time with your kids.
5. Picnic in the Park – This one is easy. I’m sure we all have a park that is near up (hopefully) so pack up a fun lunch and a blanket and go to the park. Again this is another way to have nice time with the family outdoors.
There are a lot more fun places to go and activities to do as a family. It all depends on your area. Find out what is near you, you might be pleasantly surprised to find places you didn’t know where there (that has happened to me several times). And if your budget can afford it take a trip to a destination that isn’t close to home. Either way, I hope you enjoy your summer with your kids!
Founded in 1974, Alamo Rent A Car is a value-oriented, internationally recognized brand serving the rental needs of airport leisure travelers. Alamo offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America and Asia. In addition, Alamo customers in the U.S. are able to conveniently choose their own vehicles, based upon their advance reservation and requested car class, and then simply drive away from the airport.
The Alamo membership club, Alamo Insiders, offers its members numerous perks including exclusive, member-only deals, quick and simple reservations, and frequent traveler miles with each rental.
*I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.