This is a sponsored guest post.
Whether you are moving to a new house or redecorating your old house, furniture is something that defines the mood and theme of the place. While wooden furniture is classic and goes with almost everything, you often face space crunch with wooden pieces especially if your house is not a sprawling mini mansion. Also, wooden furniture does not often go well with the modern minimalistic theme. There is the price factor to be considered too. While buying furniture online does give you discounts and redeem codes people prefer modern or contemporary furniture more due to their ease of movement. One such furniture is the sofa or couch.
Sofas with hidden features
When we think of sofas, we picture something grand and soft. You will not be wrong for that is how the traditional wooden sofas were. They were made to be sturdy and supportive while being comfortable with quality seats and a back rest. Sofas or couches have come a long way from being used just as seats. The modern sofa or couches are meant to not only provide comfort and beauty but also be functional to the space. Many homes nowadays do not have that much space to accommodate a full set of sofa that includes love seats, armchairs and the traditional chesterfield sofa. Multipurpose sofas are in and here are 5 types of sofa designs with hidden features:
- Sectional sofa – this multi piece sofa comes in 3 or 5 seating options and usually has more than two pieces which can be joined together at an angle or kept separately. The sectional sofa is popular due to the fact that these fit perfectly in any space. You have the option of choosing more pieces or less as per your space and join them as per your need. The wider space also accommodates more people which is a plus if you have a large family.
- Sleeper sofas – for people who have guests staying overnight or simply love to fall asleep on the sofa the sleeper sofas are the best option. Be it futons or the sofa cum bed variety, these multipurpose sofas are a hit with many people even if they do have a traditional sofa.
- Storage sofas – if you are crunching for space, any furniture with storage option is ideal. Sofas with storage often provide that much needed space for living room Knick knacks. Storage sofas also come with ottomans which serve as storage and foot rest. Talk about multifunctional piece!
- Recliner sofa – while being new to the group, the recliner sofa’s popularity keeps growing as it is ideal for the theatre room or even for the living room. Motorized recliner sofas come in many seating options and are ideal for families.
- Pallet sofas – this is similar to storage sofas but the open shelves at the base make it more suitable as a reading space than storage. Traditionally these were built along the walls but present day pallets do come with reclining backs.
The designs you choose for your rooms have the power to make or break the whole ambience. Factors like the walls, how much space you have, the layout of the room – it is advised not to use a round dining table in a predominantly square room – plays vital roles in the furniture selection. Whether you are placing the sofa set in the living room or in the patio, you need to decide on the focal point of that space and choose designs according ly for clashing focal points creates a disharmony. Whatever you choose make sure that the piece of furniture will stand the test of time and be a worthy investment.