Oh laundry…it never stops coming. You can try to avoid it but eventually your family will start complaining once they have no clean underwear to wear So rather than put it of or avoid it. Here are 5 ways to simplify your laundry care.
1. Have a Scheduled “Laundry Day”- I started implementing a “Laundry Day” a few month ago and it has really helped me to stay on top of the laundry. I chose Saturday since it is a day that I have less going on. You can choose whatever day of the week works best for your schedule. One my laundry day I get everyone’s laundry done in one day. Of course there are a few loads I have to do
2. Never Set laundry aside to fold later– This is a terrible idea, yet we all have done it. You know what I’m talking about. That pile of laundry that sits on your table for a week or so. If you haven’t experienced that then good for you, your much better than I! Setting laundry aside for later is just asking for it to never get folded. I just hurry and fold it right after I take it out of the dryer. Then I don’t have to worry about
3. Get yourself a fantastic washer and dryer- I have the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer pair and they are a dream! Having efficient appliances makes all the difference. All our clothes are cleaner, I never have to worry about re-washing. And each load always comes out perfect! The Duet pair also have fantastic features that make laundry so easy! Like the automatic laundry dispensing system and large variety of specialty settings. They really do all the thinking for me.
4. Use Shout Color Catcher Sheets- These are one of my new best friends I just love that you can toss one of these sheets in with your load and there is no separation required. These are especially great for my mid-week laundry loads because I can get it all done in one load. A great little laundry secret.
5. Enlist the Help of Your Family- Yes it is okay to ask for help supermom! I know you want to do it all yourself, but you have a whole household of capable helpers. Put some laundry responsibility on them. It will help you out and allow you to get more done around the house. Even if you only have little ones, they can help. My 4 year old carries down his own laundry basket, likes to help throw laundry in, and even knows how to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer.
I hope my tips are helpful to you mommy’s and daddy’s. I would love for you to share your tips in the comment section, I am always open to new ways to simplify things!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.