This is a sponsored guest post.
The capital city of England, London, is one of the world’s biggest and most powerful city. It is also one of the most visited places in the world. Apart from being expensive, London is known for having a great work culture and boast of being ranked amongst the top countries giving the best economic performance. London’s Heathrow airport records one of the highest footfalls and is one of the busiest airports in the world.
London is one of the most desirable and influential cities which has made a big impact on fashion, education, healthcare, finance and many other sectors. The multicultural flavour of London, with more than 300 languages being spoken in and around London, imparts it a distinct beauty. The best hotels in London are many, catering to every budget and comfort style of visitors.
One of the most populous cities in the world, London offers its visitors some splendid views and experiences. We list below reasons why one must not miss an opportunity of visiting London.
- The landmark monuments – London boasts of some famous architectural beauties. You will find some great architectural marvels across the length and breadth of the city such as the London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London. Viewing these amazing sights from the roof of the famous London double-decker red bus is a treat to your eyes. London also boasts of the largest library in the world, the British Library. The library has more than 150 million books inside, some manuscripts as old as dating from 2000 BC. One copy of every single book published in the UK and Ireland is showcased at the British Library.
- Shopping – London offers a great experience for all the shopaholics from around the world. Regent Street is a famous shopping street in London with ultra-luxurious department stores and boutiques. Some famous shopping streets in London are frequented by tourists as well as by the locals. Some of these are Oxford Street, Selfridges, Harrods, Carnaby Street, and Bond Street. Shopping centres such as Westfield are a big hit with all people. Whether you want to buy designer apparels, souvenirs or a gift for a loved one, London has no dearth of it. King’s road and Knightsbridge offer plenty of items for the shopaholics. The London markets offer exquisite antique items.
- The nightlife – The people of London are fond of late-night partying after a hard day at work. London offers everything to a night lover. From classic pubs, top clubs live performing centres, world-class theatres staging comedy shows to drive bars to roller disco nightclubs everything is just perfect. You will always find something quirky to blow your mind away. The nights in London seem not to stop and can meet the demands of every night party man. Not only on weekends will see a colourful nightlife in London, but you will see the varied form seen during the weekday. Tourists can get access to a number of pubs, clubs and neighbourhoods to suit their moods and needs.
- Food – London has a lot to offer in terms of food. You will find cuisines from all corners of the world being served in London. There are restaurants and food clubs catering to every budget and food preference. The street food in Borough Market and Exmouth Market are just amazing. Some of London restaurants like The Ledbury, Lyle’s and The Clove Club are ranked among the top 50 in the world. There are some things, which you must try in London, like the English breakfast at Regency Café, Poppies’ famous fish and chips, pies in Windmill; chicken tikka masala at Punjab, etc; from classic British to modern multicultural cuisine, London has everything to offer to its tourists.
- World-class sports venues – West London houses some of the world’s most iconic sports venues. From Wimbledon to Wembley and Twickenham to lords, London is proud to have the big names in sports venues. London has also hosted the Olympic Games thrice. London is home to some world-class sports and hosts some of the most elite sporting events of the world. The sporting facilities offered here are one of a kind. London has a number of England’s leading football clubs. The Wembley stadium, with a capacity of 90,000 people is the largest stadium in united kingdom.it is also considered one of the most expensive football stadiums in the world.
- Parks and outdoor London – It is amazing how a bustling city like London offers ample greenery. There are eight royal parks in London, including the famous Hyde Park and Richmond Park. For tourists to rest ad stroll, there are many parks such as Green Park, St James’s park, Hampstead Heath and Greenwich Park. In fact, 40% of London is green, making it fun of the greenest capital cities in the world. The green spaces not only help improve the lives of the city-dwellers but also is a major attraction for tourists worldwide. You don’t need to go to a far-off place, away from London to experience some lush greenery as there are numerous parks and green areas strewn all over the city.
- Diverse cultural aspects – The residents of London come from various places in the world, and as such, the culture is diverse, made up of different nationalities, religions and languages. The multicultural city has something unique to offer to everyone. People from different cultures work in harmony in London that has a wide range of opportunities for everyone.
With so much to offer, London sure would be on everyone’s next destination list. Travellers who want to explore the city and enjoy London in all its aspects need to make a thorough study and enquiry about accommodation and travel. You can also book the tickets online for the popular spots and shows in London, as long queues during busy times would mean wastage of time. Doing so gives you easy access to sightseeing.