This is a sponsored guest post.
What clothes should you buy for a baby girl before she arrives in the family? How many clothes is she going to need? And should you really buy all of this cute baby girl stuff online?
If you’re going to have a daughter, you’re probably conquering the desire to buy every cute dress and skirt you see in the department stores. Before reaching to a baby girl clothes department at thetrendytoddlers.com, check the recommendations below to make a clear idea of what exactly you’re going to need.
Despite the fact that every mom wants her baby’s first closet to be the biggest and the most adorable one, a reasonable approach is required. Don’t buy too much stuff if you’re not sure your toddler is going to wear it during the first months of her life. So, what exactly to buy?
What to Buy for a Newborn Girl?
The following list is definitely not the list of essentials. This is only the clothes that your toddler is definitely going to need during her first months of life. Use it as the base of your baby’s first wardrobe completing with other pieces if you want to.
So, here’s what you’re definitely recommended to buy before your toddler is born.
- The number one thing that you’re going to need is a sleepsuit. Newborn babies sleep a lot. That’s why a sleepsuit is the first thing you have to get. It is the most comfortable piece of wardrobe for both newborn boys and girls.
- A side-snap T-shirt. It is very important to buy a side-snap piece specifically. Believe it or not, but it is not that easy to dress and undress a baby. A side-snap technology allows doing it fast and easy. So, this is what you’re really going to use a lot, especially during the first weeks.
- Get a few hats. Having one hat for a toddler is definitely not enough, especially during a cold season. Baby’s head tends to get cold. So, buy at least five-six hats to use on a daily basis. Get stretchy and fitted models.
- Baby socks. Similar to hats, baby socks are essential to keep your baby’s feet warm. Go for stretchy, soft socks, You can buy up to ten pairs of socks right now.
- If you don’t know what kind of warm clothes to buy for a baby, go for a cardigan with the buttons in the front. Don’t buy sweatshirts or hoodies without buttons or zippers. They are too hard to put on. Get a cotton cardigan and a wool one.
- A cute fancy dress. Of course, it is not a necessity, but when you decide to do a photoshoot for a baby, you need a cute outfit. So, let it be in the wardrobe too.
- Sleep sack. It is a wearable blanket, which replaces regular blankets while your baby is sleeping.
Focus on the necessities first and only then complete your baby’s wardrobe with other cute stuff like fancy T-shirts and skirts. And don’t forget to pay attention to the materials the clothes are made of.