“Type II diabetes – a preventable disease that affects
25.8 million children and adults in the U.S.”
I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. It came as a shock to both of us. Since then I have learned a lot about it including it is a preventable disease. I was thrilled to learn about Crystal Farms Better’n Eggs and AllWhites because they can really help us in healthier eating habits.
“Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs® and AllWhites® are fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie alternatives to shell eggs:
-Both products are made from real eggs
– AllWhites is 100% liquid egg whites, nothing added
– Better’n Eggs is 98% liquid egg whites, plus 2% vitamins and minerals
-Both products have half the calories of shell eggs (25 calories per serving)
-Because they are fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie, both products allow those with
diabetes or those trying to prevent diabetes to enjoy eggs without having to sacrifice other
foods they love (i.e.: they can have cheese with their eggs rather than plain eggs)
-Egg whites can increase recovery time from hypoglycemia by building up adrenal glands”-Crystal Farms
I am so glad their are great products like Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs® and AllWhites® to help us make healthy choices when cooking. Both products can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs and are very convenient and versatile. Check out a couple great recipes below.
Join the Fight2Fit Type II Diabetes Campaign today in support of Diabetes Prevention!
Also you won’t want to miss the #betterneggs twitter party with Bob Greene (Oprah’s personal trainer and health and wellness expert) on 11/16 from 8-10pm EST! Visit http://bit.ly/sa9wmC for more information.
Scrambled Egg Margarita Pizza
Time-To-Table: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Better’n Eggs®
- 1 package (10 ounces) 100% whole wheat thin crust prepared Italian pizza crust
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Crystal Farms® Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Heat oven to 450° F. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook Better’n Eggs in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. As egg starts to set use spatula to lift edge of cooked eggs letting uncooked egg flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist.
2. Place pizza crust on large cookie sheet. Top crust with cooked Better’n Eggs, chopped tomatoes, basil and cheese.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Mini Turkey Meatloaves
Preparation: 20 minutes
Time-To-Table: 1 hour
- 4 Wasa® whole wheat crispbreads
- 1 package (20 oz.) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) Better’n Eggs®
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place crispbread in resealable plastic bag. Using rolling pin, crush crackers into fine crumbs. In large bowl combine all meatloaf ingredients; mix well, using hands if necessary. Form into 6 (4×2 inch) loaves. Place on aluminum foil lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2. In small bowl combine all glaze ingredients; mix well. Spread glaze over top of each loaf. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
Blueberry Oat Muffins
Preparation: 15 minutes
Time-To-Table: 35 minutes
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) AllWhites®
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. Stir in all remaining ingredients except blueberries just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries.
2. Fill 12 paper lined or greased muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.