I received these products for my review. All opinions are my own.
The Fagor Platino Plus is the latest innovation in the Slow Juicers category. Besides being a Slow Juicer it comes equipped with an additional component, the Dessert Drum, to create a delicious assortment of sorbet and other non-frozen treats such as banana pudding.
It is completely BPA-Free and designed in a sleek black and gun metal grey color.
The Platino Plus precisely extracts the most juice from your food, preserving more of the organic vitamins and nutrients in your juice. The result is a more delicious, healthier glass of juice packed with everything you need to conquer the day.
Slow Juicing is a process that allows you to consume more fruits and vegetables in one glass than you could eat at one time by using a 2-step extraction process where the auger squeezes the juice from the food twice. There is no oxidation or separation, so it preserves more of the organic nutrients from the food and keeps it closer to its natural state. Fresh juice from a slow juicer is absorbed directly into the body so it receives everything you need for optimum health. The Platino extracts juice from the fruit or vegetable twice, squeezing the food without shredding or grinding it, helping you to get more juice in your glass.
Fresh sorbet made with the Platino Plus produces an excellent all-natural dessert at home. Using the same 2-step process, the auger grinds the frozen fruit twice. The Dessert Drum keeps the food from straining into the bowl. Creating sorbet with the Platino Plus is very easy: simply feed your preferred frozen fruit through the food chute. The sorbet will slowly pour out of the sorbet/pulp ejector.
Words cannot describe how excited I was for Fagor to send me their new Fagor America Platino Plus Slow Juicer & Sorbet Maker!! I have always wanted to give juicing a try, especially for my boys. I love fruits and veggies, but it’s still hard to get enough in your diet every single day. I love the idea of juicing up a bunch, and jam packing your body with vitamins, nutrients, and anti-oxidants. And then take that times a million when it comes to my boys! They are decent eaters, but there are definitely a few fruits and veggies I cannot get them to eat. Neither of them will eat a blueberry to save their soul. And it seems like a lot of things one will eat, but the other will not. So, lately for breakfast I’ve been making them a juice, and I can feel good knowing they’re starting their day off right! The Platino Plus Juicer is so easy to use- you definitely need to read the manual the first time you put all the pieces together. But once you’ve done it, it’s so easy to do again. And I was worried about how hard it was going to be to clean- but I was pleasantly surprised. It comes with a cleaning brush, and it works great for cleaning out the nooks and crannies. I always soak it in the sink for a bit right after I use it, and then it’s easy to clean. And the sorbet!! YUM!!!!! So incredibly delicious. And easy! And healthy! What more could you want? I am so in love with my new juicer, and this would be a perfect gift for anyone on your list who is looking to be a little healthier this New Year!
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- The Platino Plus uses a special 2-step process in which juice is extracted twice before it enters your glass.
- The Platino Plus extracts juice from a large variety of foods; fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, wheatgrass and even soybeans.
- Dispels a dryer more dehydrated pulp perfect to add to recipes.
- Features a drip stopper to help avoid drippage onto your counter.
- After creating your favorite juice recipe freeze the juice in an ice tray. Once the juice has frozen, using the Dessert Drum, feed the frozen juice cubes through the food chute. This method is perfect for a pulp-free sorbet.
- All parts in contact with food are BPA-Free.
- The Platino Plus components fully disassemble for an easier hand wash.
- The Platino uses less energy, saving you money and helping to lower your carbon footprint.
- Compact size for easy handling- 12”x18¼”, 9 pounds.
- The auger is made from GE Ultem, a durable, high quality, easy-to-clean material.
- 80-90 RPM.
- Uses ONLY 150 Watts of power.
- Uses regular household 110 – 120V.
- ETL approved in the US and Canada.
- The unit comes with a 35 oz. pulp collector, a 35 oz. juice collector and a cleaning brush.
- Also includes user’s manual and recipe booklet with over 50 recipes.
- 5-year warranty on all parts including the motor.