I received this Blu-ray combo pack from Disney for my review. All opinions are my own.
IT IS HERE! Inside Out is now available on Blu-ray Combo Pack! Which includes the Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital HD copy! Our family loved Inside Out so much we saw it twice while it was playing in the theater. See why I thought it was the best family movie in my full Inside Out Movie Review.
“Do you ever look at someone and wonder what’s going on inside their head? Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” takes an exciting and hilarious journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley’s mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It’s “an instant classic,” raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times. Experience it like never before on Disney Blu-ray! “- Disney/Pixar
Our copy arrived just in time to give it to my son for his birthday. He was thrilled, just look at the excitement on his face!
We were all so excited to get this that we, of course, watched the movie again. But I couldn’t wait to check out the bonus features. The one I was most excited for is the new short “Riley’s First Date”. It did not dissapoint! I loved it! So fun and funny! Check out this clip with a look at the new short…
You can of course, see the whole short when you purchase Inside Out on Blu-ray or on Disney Movie Anywhere. But that isn’t all you will find in the bonus features, there is so much to enjoy. We loved the Lava short before the film in theaters, so it is fun to be able to watch that again. There is a lot of bonus content and you really get a look inside the making of the movie as well as the people who made it. Here is what you will find for bonus content…
Digital HD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
- Riley’s First Date? (In-Home Exclusive Animated Short Film) – Riley, now 12, is hanging out at home with her parents in San Francisco when potential trouble comes knocking: a boy shows up at the door. Can Mom and Dad’s emotions handle “Riley’s First Date?”
- LAVA (Theatrical Short Film) – Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, LAVA is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.
- Story of the Story – Director Pete Docter talks about the evolution of Inside Out, from the ideas and memories that inspired the story through the hurdles, explorations and experiences that helped shape it into the film it is today.
- Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out – Inside Out filmmakers, from voice actors to animators to production crew, talk about their paths, their goals, the challenges they’ve faced and the lessons they’ve learned along the way
- Mixed Emotions – Inside Out‘s filmmakers talk about how they decided which emotions to focus on in the story and how they went about creating each one’s distinct personality and visual identity
- Mapping the Mind – Inside Out‘s artists take you through the years-long process of designing and creating a world everyone knows, but no one has ever seen – the human mind.
- Our Dads, the Filmmakers – Elie Docter (daughter of director, Pete Docter) and Grace Giacchino (daughter of composer, Michael Giacchino) bring you behind the scenes for an inside look at the making of the film.
- Into the Unknown: The Sound of Inside Out – What is the sound of a memory forming? Sound designer Ren Klyce describes the challenges – and the unique solutions – involved in creating the aural world of Inside Out.
- The Misunderstood Art of Animation Film Editing – Learn more about the crucial role of an animation film editor, who helps take the story from its earliest, most exploratory versions, to the final, polished film you see onscreen.
- Deleted Scenes
- Riley Grows Up – In this scene from a version of the film where the primary relationship was between Joy and Fear (then named Freddie), the emotions begin to notice a change in Riley.
- Joy’s Decline – Joy’s struggles to make sense of the limitations on Riley’s behavior that seem to be springing up at every turn.
- Misdirection – Joy and Freddie encounter a group of Riley’s “retired” imaginary friends, including an early version of Big Bong.
- Construction – Joy is guided through Riley’s mind by a radical non-conformist, Bing Bong, outraged by the demolition of older areas like Imagination Park.
- Commentary – Commentary includes participation from directors Pete Docter and Ronnie del Carmen, and producer Jonas Rivera.
- Mind Candy – A montage of toolkit and interstitials produced for Inside Out.
- Inside Out Trailers – A collection of domestic and international trailers made for Inside Out.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
- Designing Abstract Thought – Inside Out character designer Albert Lozano describes the challenging, exciting and appropriately nonlinear process of designing the films “Abstract Thought” sequence.
- Deleted Scenes
- Joy Alone – Pursuing a lost memory underneath the ocean, Joy is given a chance to fulfill her heart’s desire.
- Imagination Park – Joy is chased through a reactivated Imagination Park by an antagonistic Freddie.
Here is a bonus clip “Designing Disgust”
INSIDE OUT is now available on Blu-ray Combo Pack online and in stores!
In my opinion, this movie is a must on any Christmas gift list this year. It is fun for the whole family!
Stay connected with the latest news and information about ”Inside Out”:
Check out these Inside Out Printable Activities.
And here are some fun recipes.