“The Joovy ScooterX2 is designed to fill a giant hole in the double stroller market – a lightweight, “fit through any door,” side-by-side stroller that has more room for big American kids. Well, we think we did it.
The Scooter X2 gives you the features you demand, the fashion you expect and the quality Joovy is known for – all at a reasonable price.”-Joovy
Last year I was so lucky to review the Scooter Single Stroller (you can read my Joovy Scooter Stroller review) and I loved that stroller and still use it to this day for Bug. So when I saw that Joovy had come out with the ScooterX2, their new Side by Side Double Stroller, of course I had to have it!
I couldn’t wait to see if I loved this Scooter double stroller as much as the single. I am so happy to report that I definitely do! Let me start by saying that one of the biggest reasons I love the Scooter is because of it’s large basket underneath. So I was so happy to see that the Joovy ScooterX2 Double Stroller also has a large basket underneath (and I mean large). You can easily fit 2 diaper bags under there or one diaper bag and shopping bags. Joovy says “The basket is bigger than any stroller basket on the market, period.” While I haven’t tried out every other stroller on the market, I do know it does have a big basket and having it is so nice.
Something that I love about this stroller is the independent reclines for each seat. When you are out and about your kids get tired at random times, not usually at the same time. So being able to let one nap while the other sits straight up is so nice. A must have, I believe. The seats recline to 149° so your child can nap comfortably while your out. You can easily recline the seats with just one hand and you can adjust the seats to any position (so many possibilities).
Another great thing is that the width of the stroller is just 30 inches, so you don’t have to fold it to fit through a doorway.
Here are more reviews if you are looking for a side by side double stroller.
My Bug is a pretty tall 3 year old and I love that he can still easily fit under the large canopy (with room to spare). He also fits comfortably in the large seats.
The wheels have sealed bearings making it easy to push (even when you have two kids weighing a combined 90 lbs.). And the double front wheels make it stable which is a must if you have an older child that likes to jump in and out like I have. And in case you don’t want your child jumping in and out their are of course 5 point harnesses and a removable bumper bar.
I am loving the 2 cup holders and two zippered pockets on the back. It’s nice to be able to store keys, cell phones, toys, etc…in those.
Something else I am loving is the one handed fold, it’s really easy and can be done really quickly. It folds flat and can fit into the trunk of my car.
I am loving the Joovy ScooterX2 and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a side by side double stroller!
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- Huge Joovy Canopy: The Scooter includes Joovy’s signature oversized canopy with a retractable sun visor – for maximum protection from the elements.
- Super Durable 600D Fabric: The seat and canopy are super durable 600 D fabric with an adjustable and light reflective 5 point harness.
- Independent, Fully Adjustable, Deep Reclining Seats: The one hand recline system locks in infinite positions all the way down to 149° for a near flat napping position. Each seat reclines independently to allow for different recline positions.
- Flat Fold: Easy, one hand flat fold. Folded dimensions are 30″ wide x 37″ long x 17″ high.
- Cup Holders: The ScooterX2 has two cup holders and two zippered pockets for parents.
- Linked Brakes: The ScooterX2 has linked rear brakes adding extra security when the stroller is parked.
- Large Basket: The large basket is absolutely giant compared to other strollers in this price range with incredibly easy access.
You can also stay up to date with all things Joovy by following them on Facebook.
Joovy ScooterX2 gets Bragging Rights!
Right now through July you have a chance to win a Joovy Room! Click here to take the trivia challenge for your chance to win!
*I received a Joovy ScooterX2 for my review.