I received this movie for my review. All opinions are my own.
Disney’s “Christopher Robin”
The Heartwarming, Live-Action Adventure for the Whole Family
Comes Home on Digital and Blu-ray™ Nov. 6
Embark on a spirited adventure with grown-up Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, and friends,
and go behind the scenes to discover how Disney’s beloved characters are brought to life
Disney’s “Christopher Robin,” the wondrous, live-action film in which Winnie the Pooh and friends venture into mid-century London to help grown-up Christopher Robin (Ewan McGregor), arrives instantly on Digital and Movies Anywhere and on Blu-ray™ and DVD with captivating, behind-the-scenes extras. The fun-filled tale features A.A. Milne’s timeless characters from the Hundred Acre Wood — Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit and Owl — making their first appearance as three-dimensional characters who remind Christopher Robin, and viewers of all ages, to appreciate the simple pleasures in life.
This entirely new take on the Winnie the Pooh stories will transport parents back to the imaginative, carefree days of childhood and allow them to share their love of Pooh and friends with their own children. “When you are able to make people laugh and cry in the same movie and you are able to tell the story with integrity and ground it in reality and have the magic realism on top of it, it lifts your spirits and connects you with the people you love,” says director Marc Forster. “We could all use a little bit of Pooh’s heart and wisdom right now.”
My kids and I saw Christopher Robin in theaters and absolutely loved this adorable movie. It is so cute I swear I smiled more than I have with any movie and has such a great message of family friendship and love. I love the look of the Hundred Acre Wood stuffed animals. The vintage look is a good one for them. Read Nicole’s Christopher Robin review as well.
It is always fun to learn and see more about a movie you love, here is a look at what you can expect for Bonus Features.
Bonus features provide a heartfelt look at the making of “Christopher Robin,” showcasing the magical artistry that brings the classic characters to life, the human actors’ techniques for interacting with stuffed animals, and the filmmakers’ passion for their project. Bronte Carmichael, who plays Christopher Robin’s daughter Madeline, takes viewers on an exciting journey from the drawing board to film locations throughout the United Kingdom. Features flash back to highlight Walt Disney’s fondness for Winnie the Pooh and recall the voice actors who lovingly portrayed the unforgettable voice of the iconic character. An exclusive digital bonus feature explores the actual teddy bear, given to Christopher Robin Milne 98 years ago, which inspired the original Pooh stories that have been shared and adored by families around the globe.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winne the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL BONUS FEATURE:
- In Which … We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Christopher Robin on Blu-ray and Digital gets Bragging Rights!
Like CHRISTOPHER ROBIN on Facebook