I received a Digital Slim DC35 Animal Cordless Vacuum to review.
I am one that I don’t love cleaning, I know shocker! I think one reason is that growing up I had someone to clean for me her name was Mom! Now that I am a Mom I realize that the room is not going to clean itself. I have been trying to find ways to make cleaning fun or at least work for me. One thing that I knew I needed was a Vacuum to help with the everyday little crumbs, papers, etc. that comes from having 2 little ones that make messes. I also needed a vacuum that would not take up a ton of room, since I don’t have a laundry room I have to store vacuums and other cleaning supplies in closets!
What I love about the Dyson Digital Slim Cordless Vacuum is how light weight it is and it’s cordless! I love that I can charge it and it’s ready to clean and boy does it do the job. I love cleaning my stairs with it now I don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way. I can also detach the top in order to dump the vacuumed up parts into the trash. I don’t have to use bags or take the whole vacuum to the garbage to dump.
The Dyson Digital Slim is the perfect vacuum especially if you have lots of stairs like we do. I used to hate lugging my vacuum upstairs, main floor then down to the basement, it was a pain! This vacuum is so skinny and lightweight I love it!
I love that I can quickly detach the vacuum wand and use it as a handheld vacuum for about 15 mins!
“Dyson DC35 Animal Digital Slim Cordless Vacuum with 4 Tools
Cleaning up can be a real pain in the vac. But tangled cords, messy bags and left-behind dust bunnies are a thing of the past with this cordless vacuum. It offers the powerful suction technology you expect from Dyson in a convenient, lightweight design. Suck up dirt, dust and pet hair from stairs, ceiling fans, under the couch or behind the TV. And no more worrying about your cord unplugging or lugging around a clunky machine. Who knew vacuuming could make you feel so free?
What You Get
- DC35 Animal vacuum
- Aluminum extension wand
- Motorized floor tool
- Mini motorized tool
- Combination tool
- Crevice tool
- Docking station with charger
- User manual
- Manufacturer’s 2-year limited warranty” (Dyson Website)
The Dyson 35 animal is perfect for quick vacuums especially since suction can keep going for 15 mins continually or for 6 mins for deep suction.
“The Dyson Digital Slim™ is powered by the Dyson digital motor, the vacuum has anti-static carbon fiber brushes to improve fine dust pick-up from hard floors.
Carbon fiber has anti-static properties and the brushes on the Digital Slim reduce the build-up of static charges while attracting fine dust for improved pick up. The brush bar also has stiff nylon brushes to pick up ground-in dirt from carpets.
James Dyson: “Our digital motor has taken over ten years to develop. Because of its speed – it spins five times faster than a Formula 1 car engine – it can be smaller, stronger and efficient. The digital motor is light, small and powerful, which means DC35 can be light, small and powerful.”
Dyson digital motor
Dyson’s digital motors are the fastest, highest power density motors ever developed for domestic appliances.
The Dyson digital motor is small, light and energy efficient. Spinning a neodymium magnet at up to 104,000rpm, it is self-regulating to optimize efficiency. An internal microprocessor makes up to 3,300 adjustments each second to control its speed to monitor and self-adapt to vacuum airflow.
Root Cyclone™ technology
Other cordless vacuums can lose up to half their suction power in use. Batteries fade, reducing power and their filters clog with dust, blocking the airflow. With up to 15 minutes of constant power (13 minutes with floor tool attached), the Dyson Digital Slim™ picks up more than other cordless stick vacuums.
Dyson’s patented Root Cyclone™ technology – condensed to fit into the machine – spins dust and dirt out of the air using centrifugal force, so there’s no loss of suction.
A dual power mode allows up to 15 minutes of constant suction. For stubborn dirt, a button can trigger 6 minutes of higher suction.
Detachable, long-reach wand
A 26 inches long, lightweight aluminum wand attaches directly to the machine to convert it from handheld to slim vacuum cleaner.
Using only a 22.2V lithium-ion battery pack, the machine releases its charge evenly so there is no drop in performance. It takes just 3.5 hours to fully charge the machine, up to three times faster than other cordless vacuums. A full charge gives up to 15 minutes of power, depending on cleaning mode.
Docking station and remote charging
The Dyson Digital Slim™ vacuum cleaner can be recharged in the docking station or remotely by removing the battery from the machine. Once the machine is fully charged it no longer draws electricity.
Notes to editors:
- Static and cleaning – Hard floors are particularly susceptible to static, which can be generated when conventional brush bars spin at high speed in contact with them. This causes fine dust to stick to hard floors – the same way rubbing a balloon on heads makes hair stand up on end – making it difficult to suck up.
- Carbon fiber – Carbon fiber is a strong, durable, lightweight and conductive material. The material reduces the build -up of static and helps to remove fine dust which is stuck to hard floors. Carbon fiber has many uses including: helicopter tails, fishing rods and golf clubs. It also has anti-static properties so it can also be used to protect sensitive electrical components from static damage during the assembly of computers.
- Guarantee – The machine comes with a two year parts and labor guarantee.
- Patents – There are 225 pending patents relating to technology used in Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners.
- Energy Star Rating – The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
- Testing – The machine has been tested for over 200 hours by mechanical rigs and real people – dropping it, bashing it and generally abusing it.
Please visit www.dyson.com to purchase and learn more!
The Digital Slim DC35 Animal Cordless Vacuum gets Bragging Rights!