Coupons for product redemption, information, and a gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread. All opinions are my own.
My family and I love Oroweat bread and sandwich thins. Seriously, this bread gets gobbled up so quick after I get home from the store I can barely keep it in stock in my home. My kids go to snacks and meals with this bread is toast and turkey sandwiches. While mom and dad get a little more creative. Check out my Better Tuna Melt recipe below…
Since we love Oroweat bread so much I wanted to share the America’s Better Sandwich Contest with you all! You have the chance to win $25,000 as a grand prize with $5000 as smaller prizes as well!
“Oroweat® Bread is excited to launch their “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Oroweat® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of theOroweat® Sliced Breads, including any of the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
Oroweat® bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest.
More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found at http://www.americasbettersandwich.com.”-Oroweat
I really love a good Tuna Melt and I definitely wanted to share my recipe with you all. Check it out…
My Better Tuna Melt Recipe:
- Oroweat Bread (any variety, I used Oroweat Country White)
- 1 can or packet light Tuna Fish
- Provolone Cheese
- Dill Pickles, Sandwich slices
Turn oven on to 375°.
Take a slice of Oroweat bread and spread a layer of butter on it (this is my secret ingredient and it makes the tuna melt sooooo good!).
In a bowl mix the tuna fish with mayonnaise to your desired consistency.
Next layer the tuna fish on top of the buttered bread slice.
Layer two slices of provolone cheese on top of the tuna fish.
Place tuna melt onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up).
Bake your tuna melt at 375° for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted on top.
Layer 2 sandwich slice pickles on top and enjoy!
Oroweat gets Bragging Rights!
One lucky Bragging Mommy Reader will win an Oroweat Prize Pack! Which includes: Six coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice, Six coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice, and a $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients for their favorite sandwiches.
Enter via the giveaway widget below.