Now that spring has officially sprung and warmer weather is on the way, and we wanted to introduce you to some fresh spring and grilling recipes from Schwan’s Home Service to share with the whole family.
Schwan’s Home Service offers a variety of over 350 products that guaranteed flash frozen at the peak of freshness from preparation to delivery – which means all the nutrients of a balanced meal, without skipping out on delicious taste.
I was so excited to be able to review some DELICIOUS goodies from the Schwan’s man!! As a busy mom, it was such a treat to have delicious, healthy food delivered to my door! I didn’t even have to drag my 3 and 4 year old into the grocery store to get it. Yes, please! Schwan’s Home Delivery Service is truly genius. I was able to review the SCHWAN’S® Scallop Sautés and the Alaskan Salmon. I made this recipe below with the Scallop Sautés-
SCALLOPS WITH LEMON WINE SAUCE AND PASTA
Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 22 min | Serves 4
- 12 SCHWAN’S® Scallop Sautés (532), frozen
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, prepared
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Add scallops to fry pan and cook over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes, turning over once until golden on each side.
- Remove scallops from pan and set aside. Stir in butter, garlic and tomatoes and cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add wine and lemon juice, continue to cook 3-5 minutes or until liquid has reduced to half.
- Toss sauce with pasta and scallops. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Tip: Garnish with shredded Parmesan
Cooking up… yum!
Trust me, this recipe was as delicious as it looks! And even better, it was easy as pie. Well, even easier, as I tend to think pie isn’t all that easy. =) The lemony flavor was divine, and the scallops absolutely made the meal. You literally just open the bag and throw them on a skillet. Yep. Then I boiled the pasta, threw in the remaining ingredients, and voila, a fancy home cooked meal! My entire family loved it. I wasn’t sure if my boys would go for the scallops, but they both had seconds. Score.
The salmon was equally delicious and easy to prepare. Schwan’s has so much to choose from- like kids favorites and healthy “live smart”. Seriously, you may never have to go to the grocery store again! =) Thanks Schwan’s, we love your food! See these other fresh spring grilling recipes for some great ideas for your summer cooking!
TORTELLINI SALAD WITH CRANBERRY, FETA AND GREENS
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 10 min | Serves 4-6
- 3 cups fresh salad greens
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup toasted, chopped pecans
- ¼ bag LIVESMART™ Six Cheese Tortellini (846), prepared
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¼ cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.
- Tip: Add grilled LIVESMART™ Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (407) for a complete meal.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH AVOCADO LIME SALSA
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min | Serves 4
- 1 pkg Guacamole (746), thawed
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 Unbreaded Chicken Breast Filets (502), thawed
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Dice avocado halves and toss with lime juice, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Grill chicken 16 to 18 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time.
- Serve avocado salsa over chicken breast.
GRILLED SALMON & PORTABELLA WITH VINAIGRETTE
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves 8
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 5″ diameter caps portabella mushrooms, cleaned
- 6-8 pieces Alaskan Salmon (559), thawed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and ground ginger until blended and oil is well-incorporated and emulsified.
- Reserve 1 cup of dressing; cover and refrigerate.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of dressing on mushrooms. Grill mushrooms directly over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning several times.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Lightly brush salmon with remaining 1/4 cup of dressing to avoid sticking to grill grates. Grill salmon directly over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Slice portabella mushrooms into strips and place on serving plates as a bed for salmon. Top mushrooms with grilled salmon. Drizzle refrigerated dressing generously over salmon and mushrooms.
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- For easy, time-saving meals, you can’t beat a visit from the Schwan’s Route Sales Representative and their yellow truck. But aside from the obvious convenience factor, Schwan’s items are also of exceptionally high quality.
- With over 350 items, we have something for every taste. Our expansive product lines – from appetizers to desserts, ice cream to complete meals – assures that every member of the family will be satisfied.
- All of our items are made with restaurant-quality ingredients, and unlike other frozen foods, ours are flash frozen and kept at a constant temperature until it reaches your door to eliminate the freeze/thaw cycles that can affect food’s taste.
Check out the ratings and reviews submitted by our customers to see what people say about our products.
- All of our items are easily prepared, and go right from the freezer to the microwave, oven or grill. We also feature handy meal kits, and many items can be prepared under 30 minutes, and feature convenient packaging with individual wrapped portions so that there’s no waste.
- Wild Caught Sea Scallops lightly seasoned with olive oil, sea salt and pepper for the perfect saute preparation every time. Exclusive to Schwan’s Home Service, these large 10/20 count per pound scallops are premium Grade A.
- These heart-healthy, wild-caught Alaskan Salmon fillets are frozen the minute they are caught for freshness you can taste! Versatile and easy to prepare—whether you bake, broil or grill. Individually wrapped, so it can be dinner for one fish lover or a whole school of them.
Visit www.schwans.com to start shopping for delicious, convenient food delivered to your door today!
Schwan’s Home Delivery Service gets Bragging Rights!