I can’t believe it’s a new year and 2013! Wow, the time sure does fly by the older I get. Last year was a wonderful year. We welcomed my beautiful baby girl into our family, my son learned how to write his name and identify most of his letters, and my husbands business flourished. I feel so blessed.
Now that 2013 is here I am sure you have many new years resolutions as I do. One of my resolutions is to get my home sparkling clean. I’m not just talking the usual cleaning chores that we do weekly. I am thinking deep spring clean (yeah I am going to try to do it before spring). Here are my six ways to get your home sparkling clean in 2013:
1. Floor Boards- I don’t know about you but these are seriously neglected in my home. We don’t ever take the time to clean them. But it is much needed, they look filthy from all the dust and dirt they collect.
2. Blinds-Another thing I tend to neglect to clean. These are notorious for collecting dust
3. Sparkling Clean Dishes– I don’t know about you but I used to think that an old dishwasher was the reason I had such bad water spots and not very clean dishes coming out of each dishwasher cycle. I have come to realize it has A LOT to do with the dishwasher detergent you use. I was provided with samples of Cascade Complete Pacs to use and try out in my dishwasher. I love that they are already to go and all I have to do is load on pac into the dishwasher and it’s ready, no measuring or figuring out how much to put in. I noticed my dishes were coming out cleaner and my glasses looked much better. Especially after using the Cascade Complete pacs for a couple loads of dishes. I like having my dishes look better, it’s like having new dishes, which is awesome.
4. Carpet Cleaning-Yikes my carpet gets dirty. Especially since it is a light color. So getting my carpets cleaned is a great way to make my home feel much cleaner and make my carpet look new again (or at least newer).
5. De-junk– I live with a couple of pack rats. My hubby and my son like to keep anything and everything that they ever touched (I may be exaggerating slightly but you get my point). So it is very necessary to go through my home and get rid of the junk we have accumulated over the year. If you have enough stuff have a yard sale and make some extra money. Less clutter, more money, win win.
6. Organize– I need to be better at this one, hence the resolution. Once you have gotten rid of all the clutter, organize organize organize. It makes a big difference in the appearance of your home when things have a place and are organized.
I hope my ideas are helpful to you all. What ideas do you have for getting your home sparkling clean in 2013? I would love to hear your fabulous ideas!
More info on Cascade: http://www.cascadeclean.com/
*This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Cascade blogging program, and I received free product from P&G for participating. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.