This post is brought to you by Green Apple Solutions.
Once you have found out your sports bra size, fit it and check overall comfort. Your sports bra should fit a little tighter than your usual or regular bra, yet it should allow you to move comfortably and breathe deeply. If these you cannot do, then you are not wearing a sports bra perfectly fitting your body.
Getting The Perfect Fit Of Your Sports Bra
Below are important factors you have to check out when buying a sports bra:
- Chafing: Ensure that there is completely no chafing or resistance on the shoulder straps, seams or around the armholes. If the sports bra you are about to purchase has snaps or hooks, keep in mind that those should not chafe as well. This will set the overall comfort of your sports bra, hence you have to be very careful when considering this factor
- Straps: The straps of your sports bra should let you fit 2 of your fingers, between your shoulders and straps. It is important that the sports bra straps are comfortable and secure. If they are so tight, it will dig in your skin and will cause not only itchiness but bruises as well. But if the strap is loose, your sports bra will not give you the right amount of support that you need and while you are moving, there is a chance that it will slip off or move around your shoulders. There are many sports bras available in the market today, check on the link for options https://www.tuffwomen.com.
- Bands: Bands of sports bra can be tested by raising your hands up your head, if it rides up, then the sports bra you are wearing might be big or too big for you. First thing you can do is adjusting the back closure or straps of the sports bra, if it did not work, then you may need to try the smaller size. You should not use a huge band bra as that will absolutely defeat the purpose of wearing a sports bra, which is protection, comfort and support. Ask for a larger or smaller size if necessary
- Cup: The cup of your sports bra is equally important than any other factors. The position of your breast should be at the center and both are fully contained inside the cups. Scoop your breast and fix it to the center. Puckers and wrinkles in the sports bra’s fabric indicate that the cup does not fit and too big for you. Meanwhile, if the tissue of your breast is pressed out of the sports bra then it means that the cup of the bra is small or too small for you or the style or cut of the bra is not the best to use for the type of your breast.
- Support: The most important test you have to do for your sports bra is the support it can provide. The reason why athletes use sports bra than any other regular bra is that, the support it can provide is beyond and above what the regular and usual bra can offer. To test, run and jump in place, and when doing so, you have to feel that your breast is supported and secured. If you think that there is no enough support, as you can feel your breast moving side to side, up and down more than it is supposed to, you need to start looking for another sports bra that can give you a better fit
And to this you know, you should not get satisfaction from a sports bra that cannot offer you the comfort, support, and protections you are looking for.
There are many brands producing sports bra and the size they use is not the same, hence make sure that you ask the brand representative about their sizes and have an actual measurement of your body to ensure you will get the perfect fit.
The size and the comfort of your bra mattes a lot when you are performing activities, so never settle for anything lesser than what you need. Buy wisely, decide right and make sure that your money is well spent.