You have already chosen the type of mattress that works best for you so now you just have to pick out the size you need. But what’s the right size for you? Choosing the right mattress size can be a daunting task since there is a large variety of different sizes available on the market ranging from small single to super king size mattresses.
The mattress size you choose will mainly be up to your personal choice, the size of your room and your budget. However, we have listed below a few useful tips that can be helpful in guiding you towards the selection of the perfect mattress size:
· Small single mattresses are perfect for small children that have just left their cot and are also appropriate for furnishing small guest rooms.
· Single mattresses can accommodate either a child or a single adult.
· Small double and double mattresses are great if you have to furnish a smaller bedroom. The difference between these two mattress sizes is only 15cm and can, therefore, accommodate two people sharing a bed even if it may not be as comfortable as a king size bed.
· Super kingsize and top king size mattresses are great for couples. They provide a large and comfortable sleeping area for two people to sleep without disturbing each other.
Depending on how often you toss and turn during the night you should make sure you have enough space in your bed to move around. Couples should preferably go for a king size or a super king mattress in order to enjoy more sleeping space and avoid disrupting their partner’s sleep.
Below is a UK mattress size guide to help you out when deciding on your mattress size:
· Small Single Mattresses: Width 75cm x Length 190cm
· Single Mattresses: Width 90cm x Length 190cm
· Small Double Mattresses: Width 120cm x Length 190cm
· Double Mattresses: Width 135cm x Length 190cm
· King Size Mattresses: Width 150cm x Length 200cm
· Super King Size Mattresses: Width 180cm x Length 200cm