This is a sponsored guest post.
With the spring season just around the corner, pepping up your home for this blooming season is a time-consuming task. This is a busy season for the folks at Clean Corp. Winter tends to be a season of laziness and postponing major cleaning tasks for another time. But now with the longer days coming closer, it is important to pull up your socks and get the house cleaned. Spiffing up your home from every nook and corner can take a lot of time. Furniture, appliances, carpets, and windows there is just a lot to cover. But as soon as you have covered these important things, your home will look and feel brand new.
Follow these quick steps to spring clean your house the right way.
- Doormats should be welcoming: A doormat is among the first things you and your guests look at when you come back home. Cleaning them takes time and effort. Overtime door mats get dirty with all kinds of dirt and if not cleaned regularly may seem impossible to clean. So shake the doormats vigorously, swat them with your broom. You need to clean them very diligently so that all the dirt gets out. It’s the first thing your guest will come in contact with, so they need to be as clean as possible.
- Clean upholstery and carpets: Every fabric and piece of upholstery in your house has accumulated heaps of dust, body oil, germs, lint and a lot of other things during the winter season. Thus it will need a deep cleaning to survive another year with your family and guests. You can rent a carpet cleaning machine to shampoo your carpets or hire a professional carpet cleaner to clean it for you. If you are using the machine for the first time, make sure to practice using it in an area where the dirt is minimal. If you don’t know how to use the machine, it is always a good idea to practice in a corner until you get the hang of using the machine. Move the furniture a little and clean the carpet thoroughly. Place wax paper under each leg of the furniture until the carpet dries. Keep the windows open until the carpet is entirely dry. If you find this task tedious, you can always call a professional cleaning service to do the job for you.
- Floor cleaning: Floors are the most affected when not cleaned on a regular basis. Not only do floors need a good detailed cleaning but also a wax coating or sealer for longer life depending on the type of flooring you have. You can use a cleaner that is waxed based. The process can be time consuming, you will have to move the furniture around and then apply the cleaner followed by deep cleaning and a wax coating.
- Clean the walls, woodwork, cabinets: One might ignore cleaning the walls thinking dust and debris doesn’t settle on the walls. If you have small children, it may be a common fixture on the walls. A lot of the dirt clings to the wall and any vertical surface. You can use regular dishwashing soap on a sponge and wash every surface properly. Use a clean cotton cloth to wipe the walls clean.
- Clean all the fixtures: Next on your cleaning list should be the fans and light fixtures. Use a stepladder to reach these high spots. An all-purpose cleaner, clean cloth and sponge is all you need to clean these important accessories of your house. All the fans, lights, air conditioners accumulate dirt and dust over time. You can also use a soft nuzzle vacuum attachment to clean these after thoroughly cleaning them with a cloth. This will add a freshness to all your rooms.
- Vacuum the rooms: Another intensive cleaning step is to vacuum every floor corner to get the hidden dirt out. You may be inclined to move all the furniture out and then vacuum the room. Instead of this, all you need to do is to move the furniture a little to the side and vacuum the area occupied by the furniture. Once done move the furniture back to its spot and then clean the rest of the room.
Now you have all the necessary information to start spring cleaning, the only thing left is to have patience and determination to start the job. If this sounds like a daunting task, schedule a time for a cleaning service to clean your home while you relax and enjoy the spring air.