This post is brought to you by Green Apple Solutions.
We can all admit that it has never been an easy decision keeping long, strong nails. With several obstacles in the way to achieving the perfect nail length, there is the need to learn all the tips necessary to safeguard the nails from breaking off at the point when they become desirable and beautiful.
To help keep your nails strong and healthy, we have consulted with some of the best OPI nail specialists and Nail techs and they have given some of the most important tips on how to grow the nails while also keeping it stronger and protecting it against breaking off.
Below are some of the important information you need to know about.
How to Grow and Strengthen Your Nails
To ensure the proper growth of your nails and also to prevent against untimely breaking, below are some of the recommended tips.
- Purchase a soft nail file. While glass files have become more common in recent time not only because they are pretty I appearance, but also because they are easy to clean and longer-wearing, it may be of much advantage if you invest more in soft files. Soft files are guaranteed to give your nails a smooth finish while also protecting it from tearing or splitting.
- You should consider Biotin Supplements. Recent studies have revealed that brittle nails are more susceptible to peeling and breakage which could be a sign of biotin deficiency in the body. For an improved nail health, it is recommended that you supplement your diet with extra dose of the essential B vitamins.
- As part of the nail health practice, it is recommended that you choose the best nail growing and strengthening formula. For this, it is recommended that you speak to your nail specialist or nail tech as they may be able to recommend the best products which have been proven effective. When choosing between several brands of nail growing and strengthening formula, it is recommended that you be on the lookout for products that contain protein and calcium alongside other active ingredients. For application, it is recommended gar you apply two coats of the product to your bare nail every other day for the best result.
- Invest in a four-way buffer. The four-way buffer is a genius tool that will save you from the panic of having your nail break off at the slightest chance. The tool can be used to smooth the nail place out to make a more compact appearance and also bring the surface nail layers together for added strength.
- Perfect your nail filing technique. The choice of nail fling technique can also significantly affect your nails, its growth and its strength. For maximum protection, it is recommended that you avoid the back and forth see-saw filing technique as this will only cause the nail to splinter. For a better result, it is recommended that you file the nail in one direction, taking note to use long, gentle but swift strokes each time. For this technique to be more effective, ensure that you start from the outside edge of the nail and move to the center.
How To Make Your Nails Stronger
Having understood the basics of nail growth and grooming, below are some tips on how to make you nails stronger.
- It is recommended that you apply a hydrating ad strengthening base cost on the nail even when you do not have the time for a full manicure. Application of a base coat will strengthen the nail and prevent it from peeling or becoming weak. It is recommended that you switch you regular base coat for a natural nail strengthener which will also improve the nail’s growth.
- Make use of nail polish remover that is active enough to remove even the darkest shade of polish without damaging the nail. Remember to treat your nail as fragile parts of the body, taking note to always apply soft to mild chemicals and always avoid strong chemical products as they can cause peeling, splitting, and unsightly white mottled marks.
- Pay attention to your diet. Consume more of green vegetables and fruits which are rich in vitamins and minerals. Also, consider improving on protein intake in the form of fish, meat and lentils, consume more biotin rich products such as salmon, egg, and peanuts, improve zinc consumption through cashews and green beans, and iron consumption from beef, spinach and more.
- Make sure you pay attention to growing your nails in the correct shape. Your nail shape should follow your cuticle shape for easy strength and growth.