Do you prefer short nails? Then, you should definitely use nipper. It is an effective, convenient, and practical tool. With it, you can get a quick and flawless manicure. However, those who want to have beautiful hands need to know how to take care of not only their nails but also the nippers.
How to Choose Nippers?
Choosing the best nail nippers and cuticle ones can seem daunting. In stores or online shops, you can find a huge number of tools at diverse prices. Buy cuticle nippers from famous brands. In addition, pay attention to these requirements:
- Study the description. It should state that the cutters are made of high-quality stainless steel. They do not corrode and will last for many years.
- The tool must be well sharpened. In a store, you can check this by cutting the paper, and in an online shop, watch a special video below the description of the item.
- The movement of nippers should be light and smooth.
- The cutting parts must not close together with light pressure.
- At the time of purchase, the instrument must be free of scratches or other defects.
How to Use Cuticle Nipper?
Do you know what is a cuticle? It is the skin at the base of the nail, which protects it from germs. However, cracks can form on the lower layer of the cuticle, and then, they need to be cut off. Nippers will help to do it.
- Treat the instrument with a disinfectant.
- Soak your hands in warm water.
- Remove only the visible part of the cuticle. To do this, put the nippers under the cuticle, slightly lifting it with the lower blade, and with light pressure, cut off the selected piece of the skin.
- If hangnail appears, carefully cut it off rather than pulling it.
- Keep the cuticle cutter parallel to the skin.
- Do not press hard.
- After the procedure, treat the item again.
If you want to trim your cuticles by yourself, before starting, watch the promising videos to get the job done right.
How to Sharpen Cuticle Nippers?
To make your cuticle nippers last long, you need to take proper care of them. Take care of following processes:
- Disinfect the item each time. Avoid an aggressive disinfectant so as not to destroy the steel.
- If there is a dry heat sterilizer, put a tool there to kill germs.
- After cleaning, lubricate the nippers with oil synthetic, mineral, a special one for knives. This will help prevent rust.
- If possible, store the instrument in a separate case.
- Remember to sharpen cuticle nippers.
How to sharpen cuticle nippers at home? Is it necessary? The tool can be sharpened independently, but without experience, you can damage the nippers, and the quality will be lost. Better take the nippers to the workshop every six months. Only a professional master will be able to sharpen them qualitatively using a special sharpener to make the instrument acute. Do not postpone the procedure, because you will only harm yourself. Blunt cutters will crush rather than cut the skin. Then, germs will grow under the cuticle. Protect your cuticles, nails, hands with clean, sharpened tools.