Writing a research paper in one night is not a good idea. Though it doesn’t mean it is something you can’t achieve. If you work hard, you can even write a dissertation in one day. Of course, the quality of this work won’t be the same as the quality of the paper, which you would write for two-three months. At least, you’ll have something. The same way is with a research paper. Never give up if you have at least some hours till the deadline.
As a college or university student, you have a lot of options to choose from with your homework assignments. In a situation where you have a night before the deadline, you can either apply to a professional writing service edu birdie or you can apply maximum efforts to complete everything by yourself. If you prefer the second option, don’t miss the recommendations we’re going to talk about later in the article.
So, what exactly should you know about writing a research paper overnight?
Crafting a Research Paper in Less Than 24 Hours
Nobody wants to get into a situation when he/she has to compose a 12-page research paper in one night only. But if you find yourself in this situation already, don’t panic and don’t give up. In fact, one night is a lot of time for a paper if your efforts to be focused and organized as much as possible.
Let’s be honest, the attempt to write a paper at night is a hard one. So, make sure you follow at least a couple of recommendations below to make this process much easier for yourself.
5 Steps to a Late Hour Research Paper
First of all, be ready to stay up literally all night doing your writing and researching.
- Quality over quantity. If you understand that you’re not able to finish that 12-page writing in 10 hour, focus on quality instead of the number of pages it has. It is better to show that you’re serious about what you’ve already done in your research than trying to compose a paper from the irrelevant data and inappropriate materials. Relevance and quality are your main goals if doing your paper last minute before the deadline. Your professor will appreciate this.
- But quality doesn’t mean you have to write 4 pages instead of 12 pages. Complete at least half of your work. How? Focus on the research but not writing itself. If you do a profound research, you don’t need to worry about writing. Make the research the biggest part of your paper.
- How to do a profound research if you have no time to visit a library and search for unique info in the books? But you have the Internet. This doesn’t mean you have to base your research on Wikipedia. Look for the sources, which offer online versions of the books instead of the printed ones. Use notes you took on lectures, look for educational websites, articles, journals, etc. The Internet is full of so much interesting and reliable info. Just take time and look for it. Don’t reach to the first three websites suggested by Google only. Make a research. Focus on quality through reliable literature.
- Use citations. A wonderful trick of filling your paper with additional easy to find information, which is relevant enough, is by using as many citations as you can. Still, make sure that your paper doesn’t look like a book of quotes. Find a perfect balance between enough citations and too many citations. Use them in a smart way. Don’t copy the citations in their initial form. Instead, express your own thoughts based on those citations. Discuss them, writing down your own opinion. Thus, you will be able to fill the pages much faster than you’ve thought before.
- Make short breaks. Even if you’ve decided to write all night long without doing a break to eat and sleep, give your mind time to relax at least 5-10 minutes after intensive researching and writing. You won’t be able to work with the same speed and enthusiasm all night if you don’t take breaks at all. That’s impossible.
- Stay hydrated and eat well. Drink lots of water and trigger your brain to work even better with a special mind food – nuts, berries, spinach, dark chocolate, etc. Do not torture yourself with hunger only because you haven’t completed the assignment yet.