This post is brought to you by Green Apple Solutions.
Cycling has been around for a long time, in fact since the early 19th century. Even today, it’s popularity is still rising even with the introduction of automobiles in society. This is because cycling is not only done for traveling purposes but also done for recreation, exercising and as a competitive sport. Bicycles are used for traveling because they have multiple benefits over the automobiles. These include a healthy lifestyle, increased stamina, easier parking, noise-free and also no air pollution is caused by riding a bicycle.
The bike is a unique mode of transport and is all about balancing and pedaling. Initially learning to ride a bike can be a little difficult but not impossible. For a beginner, the training wheels are attached to the bike to support the rider so that he doesn’t have to worry about balancing. This gives him confidence when starting to learn. However, when the training wheels are removed, all of a sudden the child has no safety net and without the help, a child has to learn balance in a much more dangerous environment.
Balance bikes are pedal-less “run bikes” which are proven to train small children more effectively. With a balance bike, certain features are removed which are present in a normal bicycle so that it’s easy for a beginner to learn balancing. Following are six reasons why using balance bikes from Let’s Roll should be encouraged for young kids just starting.
- Use is easy: Small children are no doubt sharp minded but still can’t do two things simultaneously initially, that is pedaling and balancing. Hence a balance bike which is without pedals can be controlled easily by kids as they use their feet for everything. Kids can easily steer, stop and turn around using a balance bike. Due to the good balancing on this bike children develops the confidence of riding daily and will easily shift to normal bicycle sooner.
- Safer for kids: Balancing bikes are designed such that is suitable for small kids. The saddle mounted seat is very close to the ground, so there is very little chance of However, in the rare cases of a fall, injuries will be minimal because the kid has their feet on the ground already and the seat is lower.
- Strength builder: Kids love strenuous activity, and while using balancing bikes they will grip hard and try to push and pull their body in to and fro motion. The unique setup lets them roll the wheels by lifting their legs after pushing the ground back in between which will result in a good daily workout. Ultimately this workout will build their muscles and strength can be developed.
- No Training wheels: Using balance bikes for learning to ride is a good idea for toddlers as they don’t get a false sense of security with training wheels which have to come off eventually. Therefore, they must master balance and agility before moving on to a regular bicycle. If there are no training wheels, no pedals and chain accessory, of course, the balancing bike will be light in weight which can be easily pulled by a kid.
- Less stress for Parents: As a mother or father of a young child, you are always going to worry. But thankfully balance bikes are very safe which means injury is minimised and you won’t be as nervous when your child is learning to ride. Furthermore, they are built very light by using wood or steel, and easily fit in cars when going for a trip. Moreover, they can be easily picked up by parents when child is really tired and couldn’t ride it any more.
With so many benefits it is no surprise that more and more parents are turning to balance bikes as the first mode of transport for their toddler.