This is a sponsored guest post.
How do I know it is time for my loved one in alcohol or drug addiction to join a rehab? Well, this is a question many concerned and caring family members are looking an answer for because they don’t want to see their loved wrecked by alcohol to the grave. By leading certain signs, you can easily determine when they need more professional than their caring mommy.
And Hey Mom, Play Your Role!
In a millennial generation where many children have become wild to an extent of using fake IDs to go to clubs to take alcohol, as a caring mom you need to stay close to your child. Don’t break communication with them else you will lose them for life and they will be taught another way by their wayward friends.
In 2013, there were 22.7 million people plagued with the addiction of alcohol and drug abuse in the United States of which many were youths. This was according to a report released by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Here are signs that your loved one or child may be struggling with addiction.
Red Flags of Alcohol Addiction
- Alcohol tolerance – they reach a level that they cannot stay without top it up. They need tops for them to be sober.
- Enjoying loneliness – they don’t like social activities yet they were sanguine who enjoyed being in the presence of others. To compensate for the gap, they could be taking alcohol. In such a case, start looking for alcohol rehab in New Jersey to help your loved one.
- Continuous alcohol abuse – although they are aware of the negative impacts that alcohol is doing to their body or economy they can’t help taking it.
- Always preoccupied in maintaining their drinking habit – that makes them neglect work, studies, and family.
The above signs should tell you that it is time to start looking for alcohol rehab in New Jersey before things turn out to be worse. If only they can go to rehab, then detoxification will start and soon they will cease from being alcohol tolerant.
Other Signs that they are in Addiction
It is unfortunate that the ones who are in the swamp of alcoholism will not see any effects or how alcohol is deteriorating their health. Of course, their habit started as a joke maybe in the parties or just as an experiment and now it has turned out to be their worst dread. Here are signs that they could be addicted and need you to look for alcohol rehab in New Jersey for them:
- High cravings for alcohol to an extent that they shake and shiver
- They develop anxiety when they have low alcohol supply
- Drinking when they are supposed to be with their friends
- Performing risky behavior like stealing
- Being careless
- Physical health issues
- Becoming easily irritable
- Abandoning school or work
- Inability to stop drinking alcohol
If you become aware of the above signs, it can easier to help your loved one before the situation gets out of hand. Look for a great alcohol rehab in New Jersey that will effectively address the need of your child. Support them to the end.