I received these products for my review. All opinions are my own.
Koantum is an online education program that makes science engaging for elementary students and young learners. Our curriculum is based on the Next Generation Science Standards – a multi-state effort to improve early science education. With interactive, self-guided lessons – designed to encourage young students to explore key concepts – our program allows children to immerse themselves fully in science.
Why We Founded Koantum
From the moment they’re born, children love to learn about the world and how it works. Despite this, science education is often neglected in early grades, with many elementary schools devoting less than two hours a week to science education. With Koantum, we want to give students, parents, and educators the resources they need to make science a priority. With anywhere, anytime access, multimedia lesson plans, and interactive activities, Koantum opens the door to a lifetime of discovery. Koantum’s five-stage lessons are designed based on the 5E Instructional Model for learning. Our curricula fully covers and is compatible with several national and state standards, including NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards).
Lessons are fully interactive, combining sound, voice prompts, and animated images for a richer, more immersive learning environment. All lessons come with a printable Worksheet for the students, and an extensive Lesson Plan for teachers.
Koantum is a game-changer for teachers. Teachers are able to leverage the Koantum classroom to enhance existing curriculum while maintaining their preferred teaching approach. Teachers have access to innovative tools to teach, track and assess student progress across science concepts. The Koantum dashboard gives them reporting and insights that allow teachers to focus on what they do best, classroom instruction.
Koantum’s interactive science lessons are specifically designed to be self-guided. Our point-and-click classroom is fully interactive, with easy-to-follow lesson plans that make learning fun and exciting for students. Our features make Koantum a perfect platform for home-schoolers or a great reinforcement at home for students in a traditional school setting.
As a parent, I am always looking for new educational opportunities for my kiddos. When I can combine technology and education, that’s even better! We have pretty strict screen time rules in our house, but my kids know they can always get a little extra if they are doing something educational. I was SO excited when I heard about Koantum Interactive Science learning platform, and couldn’t wait to have my kids give it a try! I have two boys that are 8 and 9. They both are at such a fun stage- they just love to learn and absorb anything and everything. My oldest is especially fond of science, so I knew he was going to really enjoy Koantum! The lessons are awesome- I loved the wide variety of options. There is so much to learn about! The 3rd grade science curriculum lessons include electricity, animal habitats, forces, three states of matter, classifying plants, vertebrates, cells, ecosystems, life cycles, weather, heat, sound, forces of energy, energy conversion, adaptation, ecosystem, gravitational force, climate, simple machines, heredity, and solar system. Whew! I went through and did a few lessons myself, and I absolutely learned many things! I especially love that each lesson has a quick quiz at the end. I think this is a great way to ensure the kids are actually retaining what they are learning, and both my boys definitely were. They have lessons for Kindergarten through 5th grade, and they follow the new Next Generation Science Standards. The lessons and games are super fun, and definitely very well put together. They really know how to make the lessons entertaining, engaging, and educational all at the same time. I also LOVE that you can use Koantum on any device that has a browser- so you’re definitely not limited to the computer. You can take the learning to go! They have a few free lessons on their website, so be sure to head over there and see for yourself! You will probably learn a thing or two as well. =)
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- Our curriculum fully covers and is compatible with several national and state standards, including NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards).
- We understand that sometimes teachers and schools prefer to customize their curriculum, teach different topics at different grades, or not include some of the topics. For that reason, Koantum allows teachers and parents to fully customize the curriculum based on the standards they use for their students
- All Koantum lessons are designed using the 5E Model.
- The 5E instructional model is a constructivist model with five stages: Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluate.
- The concept is to begin with students’ current knowledge, to make connections to new knowledge thorough inquiry, to provide direct instruction of those concepts, and to provide students with opportunities to demonstrate their understanding thorough practice.
- The 5E model has been used in the United States since the 1980s. Tests of this model against other forms of science instruction demonstrate evidence of increased mastery of conceptual learning, skill development, and a higher interest in science.
- Our grade-speciﬁc curriculum meets the learning requirements of grades K-5. The curricula is broken into four main categories: Earth & Space Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and The Human Body. The lessons are tailored to work hand in hand with most science curricula currently in use. Lessons are fully interactive, combining sound, voice prompts, and animated images for a richer, more immersive learning environment.
- Printable worksheets are included with the program and can be used in the classroom or for home extension. The activities are easy to follow and designed with clear images for greater understanding.
- For a better teaching experience, our curriculum includes fully developed lesson plans for all topics. All lessons come with a printable worksheet for the students and an extensive lesson plan for teachers. Our lesson plans cover multiple objectives, keywords and include suggested extra classroom activities.
- Our lesson plans assist teachers with their planning and provide ideas on how to make science topics more engaging and easier to understand for their students.
- An easy-to-use dashboard provides teachers and parents with a quick and thorough snapshot of student activity.