This is a sponsored guest post.
Nearly all women believe that their beauty is worth it when they spend hours on daily shaving or weekly waxing. So, you surely agree that hairy body is not attractive nor beautiful that you spend a fortune and a lot of time to get rid of it. That’s why laser hair removal at home is your best solution. However, if it is the first time you are doing it, it can be good to get it done at a good spa such as Ethos Spa.
This is easy, you just need to read this article to know all about laser hair removal and then decide which device to buy.
What Is Laser hair removal at home
A laser is a coherent and narrow beam, it’s emitted to the targeted area in order to “treat” hair on it. Actually, laser hair removal is more like a laser treatment as it treats the hair, it doesn’t remove it! In other words, the laser targets the pigment in the hair shaft and the hair follicle then turns into heat, damaging them and the hair papilla. This is how permanent hair removal can be achieved.
The laser used in home devices is called “diode-laser”. It’s different from clinical machines laser “Nd:YAG” as it works only on the precise skin and hair types. However, it’s effective and totally safe. Also, it’s approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for personal at-home use. At visiblechanges.com.au you can learn even more to make an educated decision.
IPL Laser hair removal
The word IPL stands for “Intense Pulsed Light”, which is pulses of broad-spectrum light. IPL laser hair removal works the same way as laser hair removal and gives nearly the same results. That’s why it’s called IPL laser.
There is only one difference between IPL and Laser: IPL is actually light, so it’s wider than laser and it covers larger areas of the body which means it can treat multiple hairs at one time. But, the laser is targeted as it treats on hair at a time. The TouchUpLaser is also another option.
Is Laser hair removal Permanent?
When we say permanent we don’t mean like forever, it’s just for long periods of time up to 3-6 months. Moreover, you get these results within 7 treatments sessions at 2-week intervals depending on the device you use. Just read our 5 best laser hair removal at home devices and choose the most suitable one.
But, I’ve read reviews and comment from customers and friends say that it didn’t work for them. Is it true?
Of course, it’s true, but it depends! First, you need to know that there are 3 stages of the hair growth cycle: Anagen (active), Catagen (transitional), and Telogen (resting). Laser hair removal at home only works at the active growth cycle. Also, specialists say that around 3% of total hairs of your body are at the Catagen phase and 6-8% are at Telogen at any given time. That means a total of 9-11% of body hairs are not going to be treated for 4-8 weeks depending on each area. So, you need to use home laser devices for more than 10 weeks in order to start seeing results.
Benefits of Laser hair removal at Home
Laser hair removal has so many benefits, this is why it’s gained much popularity in a very short period. This technology has been discovered since the mid-1990s, and now there are hundreds of home devices and thousands of laser clinics all over the world. Back to laser benefits, Laser hair removal at home can provide you with:
- Painless hair treatment sessions
- Non-toxic treatments
- Permanent hair removal for around 3 months on average
- Noticeable results after only 2-4 sessions
- Full body treatment takes 15 seconds to 1:30 hours.
- You only need to do treatment sessions once every 2 weeks for the initial 7 treatments
- Recommended touch-ups once every 1-2 months or whenever you notice hair regrowth
- Side effects are minor and they rarely last for more than 2 days, they include redness, irritation, and acne
- No drug interaction
- No more ingrown hairs
Laser Hair Removal At Home or In Clinics
According to so many laser clinics around the world, a full body laser hair removal package of around 6 treatment sessions costs $5000-$1000. You spend a fortune for clinical laser hair removal!
But, laser hair removal at home devices are much cheaper; the most expensive laser device costs around $800 and it lasts for 15+ years of use! I think you see the difference now.
In fact, home laser devices are so effective and safe, you don’t need to worry about incidental flashes or getting burns; these devices are provided with complete safety systems and skin tone sensors that make them only flash when skin tone is suitable. Moreover, they have multiple energy levels from 3 to 10 levels so you choose the one that makes you feel more comfortable.