Did you know….
“Fewer than 33% of America’s parents read to their 9-month old children. Fewer than 39% read to their 4 year old children. Fewer than 28% remember to tell their child a story on a regular basis. Those statistics seem staggering, but the reality is that busy parents don’t necessarily have the time to come up with daily literacy-based activities for their children. That’s where Pocket Literacy Coach comes in. Its mobile SMS-based platform is empowering on-the-go parents to create and increase learning opportunities with and for their children.”
OK…now this is a fantastic idea!!! Receiving a simple text message every day to give me ideas on how to teach my child has been pretty great. I am a busy mom of 3 kids….I don’t usually have time to sit down and give my kids their own in-depth personalized learning activity. Plus, I don’t have the brain power to figure out WHAT to teach them. They are all on different levels. Pocket Literacy Coach is a mobile tool for reading to and teaching your children. Each day I receive a text message giving me a suggestion on how I can help my child learn that day. I chose to receive messages specifically tailored toward my 2 year old. Each idea is simple and doesn’t require a whole lot of planning on my part. It’s such a great way to get involved in E’s learning.
Examples of messages include:
- "Focus on looking for patterns. Create patterns by clapping and stomping and have your child repeat them. Ask your child to create a pattern for you to copy!"
- "When reading to your child ask them to predict what happens next. How will the story end? Why do they think that? Encourage your child to look at the pictures."
- "Practice counting change up to $1. Explain that it takes 100 pennies, 20 nickels, 10 dimes, or 4 quarters. Help child explore different ways to make a $1."
“Created by literacy expert Dr. Chris Drew, the Pocket Literacy Coach system is an easy, affordable and convenient support program designed with the everyday parent in mind. A daily text message lesson is delivered to cell phones with a short, fun and creative learning activity that parents can use with children to help them promote emerging literacy skills. Text messages are delivered five times per week to provide busy parents with guaranteed quality time with their children, age birth to 12 year old, that builds positive learning habits.”
I know I need to take a bigger part in helping my children outside the classroom and the Pocket Literacy Coach is the perfect tool to help me do that. I can’t make any excuses now. The ideas I receive each day are fun, easy, and really engage my child in a way that is catered just for his age!!
- Promotes literacy in children
- Unique & fun research based learning ideas
- Convenient for parents to use
- Great for children ages 0-12 years
- Perfect reminder to teach your child
- Any phone with text messaging will work!
- No downloads needed
Pocket Literacy Coach gets BRAGGING RIGHTS!!