I was compensated for my review. All opinions are my own.
Kadho is a new tech company with the mission statement “We teach the world how to learn and provide the opportunity to be more.” Kadho will strive through its new free eBooks and games for babies and toddlers to preserve the innate linguistic abilities of very young children. The new company’s educational apps and eBooks are based on 50 years of brain science.
Among the wonderful apps available, only one teaches babies and toddlers the key sounds of English, Spanish, French and Italian that provide the building blocks for future language learning, backed by scientific brain research and immersive game play! Mochu the Penguin, in his first app, Mochu Pop – Language Immersion for Babies and Toddlers, guides babies and toddlers through animation via an iPad or smartphone in just a few minutes of adorable play. “Pop only the balloons with these shapes and colors,” begins the app. A lavender triangle balloon floats by. Or it might be a golden diamond. With a touch of a little finger, the balloon pops and a sound of “eh” or “tu” in the voice of a native French speaker is heard. Repeat the game with a language selection of English, Spanish or Italian.
Game by game, tots develop their neurons for the basic sounds of linguistics. The app, created by an international team of renowned gamers, scientists and educators, teaches a child not just their own language but also the tools to learn any language throughout their lifetime. The app has been tested at Montessori schools and even Noam Chomsky says “it has the key ingredients for language acquisition.” It’s available for download at no cost – magnifique! More free apps and eBooks are coming this summer. Mochu Pop features pleasing music in the background as the child plays the interactive game. The happy penguin, dressed in a striped scarf, taps his feet and smiles with his eyes as the game progresses. As differently shaped balloons float by, animated characters Moon and Sun pop up. App options include a volume control, a blue light filter to protect young eyes and a parental dashboard to monitor your little one’s performance.
- Ages 1-3 years old
- Pop the balloons to hear a sound
- In this game, the child is presented with the shape first and then watches as balloons fly up on the screen
- Little ones must touch the right balloons to match the shape
- When a balloon is “popped” youngsters are rewarded with a sound
- These sounds, based on decades of research, are foundational to language acquisition.
We are always on the lookout for great new apps for our little ones. Especially ones that inspire fun while learning. I love the idea of language immersion for young babies and toddlers! Learning the sounds of not only the English language, but Spanish, French, and Italian is AWESOME! It is so much easier for little ones to learn a new language, why not get started right away? My kids had a lot of fun with the game, and I also tested it with the toddler I nanny for. She enjoyed it so much! She was repeating all of the sounds, and loved to make those balloons pop! It is so important to introduce babies and toddlers to linguistics and the sounds of language building blocks at a very young age, and this app is a fabulous way to do that! The Mochu Pop app is free, so be SURE to download it today! (Download information below)
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- App is FREE!
- More ebooks and apps coming soon
- Free eBooks and games for babies and toddlers to preserve the innate linguistic abilities of very young children
- Educational apps and eBooks are based on 50 years of brain science
- Mochu Pop just won the 2015 Platinum Award for Best App for Children and Toddlers, from Best Mobile App Awards
- No personal or credit card information is taken, just your name, email, a password you create and the birth year of you or your child for whom you’ll use these free apps
- The account lets parents monitor their children’s progress through the dashboard on the site
You can get Kadho at iTunes App store for iPad and iPhone, Kindle, and Google Play!
Connect with Kadho via: