I received this product for my review. All opinions are my own.
I recently gave birth to my sweet and adorable 3rd child. I have been loving every second with her. I am extremely blessed to be able to exclusively breastfeed her and everything has been going really well with that. I of course, knew I would need a breast pump so that I could express milk for when I am away from her. I began researching which breast pump I would get, and actually found my answer in a working moms group on Facebook. When asked which pump was best, almost all of the moms in the group said they loved Spectra breast pumps. That was when I decided I had to try one!
I have the Spectra S2 PLUS Electric Breast Pump and I the one I got is equipped to be able to pump both breasts at the same time. There is also a little cap that you can use to close off one side if you only want to pump one breast at a time. I love being able to pump both at once, but also like the option to pump one at a time. It also comes with 2 different size of breast shells (24 mm and 28 mm) so you can use the size that is most comfortable for you.
“The S2 boasts so many great features and is designed to truly meet the needs of moms wanting to feel confident that they have an effective, powerful breast pump to support supply while also incorporating features to make life a little easier.
Be astonished by the revolutionary S2, completely different to every other pump seen previously on the market. A sophisticated, hospital strength breast pump with highly adjustable settings, and extras like nightlight and timer, at a fraction of the price you’d expect.”-Spectra
I have been using the pump every morning to express milk since I am building up a small supply in my freezer for when I leave baby with a sitter. I have been using it for about a week and a half now every morning and I have to say, I really love this pump. It does a great job of expressing my milk comfortably. I really like the way it suckles, and it has a button you can push that helps your milk to come down and then you can switch back to a deeper suck.
I also really like that the pump is quiet. In fact it is the quietest pump I have ever used. I am planning on going out this week without the baby and I will be taking my Spectra pump along with me to pump while I am away from baby. I like that it is quiet so I can discretely pump when needed and not have a loud noise alerting the masses that I am pumping milk. Another feature I really like is that the Spectra pump remembers your last cycle and will automatically start it out on that the next time you turn the pump on.
There is a little place on the back of the pump where you can set the bottle, which I think is great.
It also comes with 2 nipples and bottle caps so you can easily feed your baby the expressed milk right from the bottle you pumped it into.
This pump is definitely an excellent choice for a breast pump and it is actually my favorite pump I have ever used, and I have used several different brands. Here is some more in-depth information about this pumps great features.
Also, check out even more breast pump reviews on the internet.
Brag Worthy Features:
- Like all Spectra pumps, the S2 is a closed system – a physical barrier between the milk and the pump ensures hygiene and motor performance.
- With a maximum suction strength of 250mmHg and the ability to be used as a single or double pump, plus a host of additional features, the S2 is set to become the ultimate breast pump to support U.S. moms.
- Completely flexible, touch button, with the S2 pump’s digital controls. These allow you to set the pumping program to the speed and rhythm most effective for your body.
The suction is adjustable in both let-down and expression mode! Includes timer and night light. This pump is also really quiet!!
- Backflow Protection
● Helps protect breast milk and baby from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping.
● Keeps tubing dry by preventing air flow between expressed milk and pump tubing while pumping.
● No need to clean the narrow tubing.
- Customize Your Pumping Experience
● 2 Phase Cycling with Let-Down Button. Completely Adjustable Suction and Cycling in let-down and expression mode.
● Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own body’s response and follow her flow to find her own best settings every time.
- The Spectra S2 technology makes it possible for a mother to keep the pump set on her maximum comfortable suction level with minimal noise.
- This comfortable and effective breast pump motor only weighs 4lbs! It is powered by and an AC adapter.
You can learn more about this pump as well as purchase it by visiting spectrababyusa.com.