My Sibling Dolls is a great company that helps people with disabilities of all different kinds. I love that there is a doll for everyone and each doll has his/her unique story and who their siblings are! These cute 18” dolls come in either girls or boys and each one comes with some cute accessories and a book describing their family and life.
Mae and Helpful Happy Joe
- Mae: is a typically developing 7 year old girl
- Siblings: Older typically developing brother Gerry, younger sister Maureen who has Down syndrome
- Sibling’s Special Need: Down Syndrome
- Other characters: Mom, Dad, Aunt Sadie & neighbor Mrs. Claire
- Plot: Mae and Gerry, with the help of their neighbor, Mrs. Claire, manage a difficult situation on the way to the park with their little sister Maureen.
There are some really cute boy dolls that I can’t wait to share with my nephew and friends! The Matty doll is a very cute, typical little boy who loves his little sister who just happens to have autism. This is such a great doll to help others understand autism and some difficulties that they go through.
These dolls aren’t just for learning about kids with disabilities, there are also some cute dolls that love school, the environment etc.
“My Pal for My School is a buddy for children who have a strong interest in their school community. In the booklet that comes with the doll, they can write their own story about special school activities they have participated in with their friends and teachers, as well as the everyday experiences. The text of the booklet can be customized for each school, such as: school name on the cover with school or district logo; school history; prompt for writing a story about their school; book titles and website addresses for further study by students that relates to the school’s curriculum” (My Sibling Dolls website)
“My Sibling® dolls and their associated booklets will help children understand others who learn and grow differently than they do.
LorettaRose, LLC, a family-owned company, was established to produce my Sibling® dolls, and to advocate for lifelong services for individuals with
developmental disabilities. The company recognizes that there are very few employment options available to teens and adults with special needs. To help bridge this gap, LorettaRose, LLC offers these individuals, through the My Sibling/My Pal Work Experience Program™, an opportunity to participate in the assembly and packaging of its products.
The My Sibling/My Pal Work Experience Program™ provides work opportunities for teens and adults with disabilities: dressing, accessorizing, packaging, labeling of dolls; packaging, labeling and assembly of our other products, such as autism awareness items. We have developed relationships with public and private schools and adult programs who want real job experiences for their students and adult workers” (My Sibling Dolls website)
Things that are Bragworthy:
- Dolls for Autism and other disabilities as well as things kids are interested in such as school
- Dolls for Boys and Girls, kids of all ages!
- Perfect gift for kids who have a sibling with a disability
- Cute dolls come with a booklet and fun accessories
- Become aware of those with differences
One winner will receive the 18″ Girl Doll Mae (or if winner prefers a boy doll they have that option as well) (shown above)
How to enter: Leave comments below with your qualifying entries. Leave a Separate comment for each entry telling us which you qualify for.
MANDATORY 1st entry– Visit the My Sibling Dolls Website to tell us one other doll that you really like.
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted.
- 3 entries– Like My Sibling Dolls on Facebook
- 3 entries– Follow My Sibling Dolls on Twitter
- 2 entries– Follow their blog
- 1 entry– Who would you like to win this doll for?
- 2 entries– Grab The Bragging Mommy button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 1 entry for each– Follow The Bragging Mommy via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, subscribe to emails, subscribe in reader.
- 10 entries– Blog about this giveaway including a link to this post. Leave a link.
- 1 entry per day– Tweet this giveaway linking to this post in your tweet.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
- You can enter this giveaway until July 15th @10:00 am MST. The winner will then be chosen at random, verified and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to email us back and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you agree to The Bragging Mommy Full Disclosure. You must be over the age of 18 and live in the Contiguous US to enter.
*I received a My Sibling Doll for my review