So I have been on the Nutrisystem Diet for a while now. I have been having really great results and have lost 21 lbs so far! Yay Me! It is great to have this new body and to feel so amazing. But dieting isn’t always easy, so I wanted to share some of my tips for sticking to your diet:
1. Don’t Give Up, No Matter What Happens- I will be the first to admit that it hasn’t been a completely smooth road. I don’t think a smooth road is possible on any diet (unless you have super human self control!, LOL). I have had moments of weakness which are always followed by regret. But I just move forward and try to do better the next time. Dwelling on mistakes will only cause you to give up and think you can’t do it. You have to get right back on the diet, no excuses! Even if you slipped and ate something you shouldn’t have.
2. Drink a Ton of Water- It is so important to stay hydrated just to keep your body healthy. When your dieting drinking a lot of water will help you to feel full. In fact when I feel hungry I make myself drink a full 8 oz. glass of water, then wait 10 minutes. Then if I am still hungry I will eat a snack or meal (sticking to my Nutrisystem plan of course).
3. Exercise- If you want your diet to give you good results then you will need to be exercising. You don’t have to go to the gym for 2 hours or anything. Just start out by going on a long walk, then slowly increase the length and your speed during the walk. I personally enjoy the at home work out dvd’s to get my exercise. I really love all of the Gillian Michaels (Biggest Loser Trainer) videos, they really kick my butt and I have seen amazing results with my body firming and toning up. Basically just get up and move, it doesn’t matter what you choose, just Move!
4. Allow Yourself to Indulge– Now this doesn’t work for everyone, but for me it has been a heaven send. I allow myself 1 cheat meal every 2 weeks. Yep I go out to dinner with my hubby and eat what I want. But you have to be on your diet for 2 whole weeks first. I have found even when I go out for this cheat meal I don’t go to crazy. One-Because my stomach is small from the normal size portions on Nutrisystem (so I just don’t have the room). And Two- The bad foods just no longer appeal to me after dieting. I work so hard for 2 weeks and that makes me realize that the bad foods just aren’t worth it.
5. The One Bite Rule-So dieting while your family isn’t is really hard. Especially when the hubby brings home a big cheesy pizza, ahhhhhh!!! Not cool right?! So I have a one bite rule. If I want to taste that pizza, I can have one bite. A Small Bite. And just one. I find that this satisfies me and I can move on and forget about it. I don’t do this very often, but one bite is better than a whole peice (or two or three!).
6. Mind Over Matter- My biggest struggle with dieting comes from my mind. I think “I’m being starved, deprived, I’m hungry”. Because as humans, the moment we are told we can’t have something, it makes us want it that much more. So when I find myself thinking these thoughts I immediately counter them with “I am not starving to death, I am fine, I don’t need
7. Take Pictures– Before I started my diet I took before pictures. Then as I progress, about every two to three weeks, I take pictures again. Then I compare them side by side. This is so helpful since your body changes very slowly and the changes are suttle. Especially to you since you are seeing yourself everyday. When you stop and compare the before pictures against the new pictures you will see how much your body is actually changing. There were times I would say “I don’t think anything is happening” but then I would look at my pictures and see that I really was changing! This keeps me very motivated to continue on.
Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on the Nutrisystem diet?
Visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689 to get started!
And be sure to enter our current Nutrisystem giveaway!
*I am receiving the Nutrisystem Women’s Plan in exchange for blogging about my honest Nutrisystem experiences. All opinions are my own and my results may differ from others.