With a 9 month old that still wakes up at night, I am not getting the solid 8 hours that I would like to (well technically I would appreciate more than that). Since I am not getting a lot of sleep, I need the sleep that I AM getting to be quality sleep! I was happy to receive 2 Sleepy’s Soiree Classic Plush Latex Pillows to review and couldn’t wait to put them to good use!!
“Try the comfortable Soiree Classic Plush Latex Pillow. This bedding offers the comfortable support of talalay latex designed for a plush feel.
Soiree pillows feature luxurious pillows created with natural latex, manufactured with the special talalay process ensuring quality comforts with each pillow. Soiree latex pillows feature a solid talalay latex core that offers contouring supports while providing superior pressure relief. They sleep with 300% less dust mites than any other sleep surface and are naturally anti-microbial and mold and mildew resistant.”
I am actually a flat pillow kind of person. Every so often, I will buy a new pillow, but I tend to always go back to my over-used, tried and true, flat pillow. It’s just my preference I guess. My husband on the other hand, prefers a firmer pillow with a little substance to it. Well, with the Soiree Classic Plush Latex Pillow, we both got our perfect match.
I knew this was a great pillow the minute I took it out of its bag. It was squished in nice and tight, and the minute I removed it from the bag, it literally SPRUNG into shape! When I laid on it, it felt bouncy and kept my body & head aligned. I hate having my head higher than the rest of me, so this pillow was perfect! My husband is loving his pillow as well, and we are hopeful that it will alleviate his back problems with regular use!
Things that are BRAG WORTHY:
- Inner layer that seals the solid latex core and is durable and washable
- Available in multiple profiles and comfort levels
- Naturally anti-microbial
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Perfect balance between flat & fluffy!
Sleepy’s Soiree Classic Plush Latex Pillow gets BRAGGING RIGHTS!!
Love it or loathe it, spring break for thousands of US schools will commence March 24. This means packing up petulant pre-schoolers , testy teens and perhaps even grouchy grandparents. This travel period is full of stressors from the airport to the resort and all of them can impact your weight, your health and especially your sleep. According to Sleepy’s consultant Debi Silber, the Mojo Coach® there is a basic “Bill of (Sleeping) Rights” to adhere to that will have you sleeping like a baby on your next trip!
- You have the right to freedom from stress! Don’t turn your dream vacation into an overscheduling nightmare! Silber says the goal is “consistent-zzzs” you don’t want to sleep too little or too much – sleeping less than six hours per night or more than nine hours may double your risk of angina, coronary artery disease, heart attack and stroke.
- You have the right to bear alarms Or any other items from home that help you achieve healthful sleep. This can mean anything from melatonin or your favorite tea to your children’s “blankey,” pillow or anything else that brings about a sense of familiarity to encourage more restful sleep.
- You have the right to assembly of healthy dishes that will help your body combat cortisol (the stress hormone) which tells our body to prepare for “battle” therefore depriving us of the sleep we crave while at home or on vacation. Eliminate medication and supplements such as stimulants, sugar and caffeine as well as unhealthy fats, which promote inflammation and the release of stress hormones again preventing quality sleep. Also, any food that you’re sensitive or allergic to (gluten, dairy, nuts, etc.) Certain medications, over-supplementing or taking the wrong supplements can also put the body under extra stress. Adds Silber, “This is especially true for seniors who need to check and double check medications before taking trips.”
- No cruel or unusual punishment! This can come in the form of too much light in the room, too much noise or any other interruptions which prevent the release of norepinephrine which tells the brain to make melatonin which helps us sleep. When we’re healthy, we feel energized in the morning and eventually get tired at night. A disruption in this rhythm leads to sleep disturbances. Stress and high cortisol levels disrupt our circadian rhythm as well as jet lag, time zone changes and shift work.
- You have the right to life and liberty! According to Silber, “this right gives you the permission to do things for a lifetime of healthy sleep starting right now” including:
⁻ Unpack and put your things away (yes even for unkempt teens!) A messy, disorganized space can prevent restful sleep. Keeping your room neat and organized can create a greater sense of calm and peace leading to better sleep.
⁻ Eat small meals throughout the day thereby eliminating late night eating which results from crash in blood sugar during the night.
⁻ If you or your family already has some sleep issues, try incorporating sleep aids” such as using headphones to listen to white noise, a guided meditation, soothing music or whatever will help encourage restorative sleep.
⁻ Love the bed you are sleeping in on vacation? Testing hotel beds is one of the best ways to determine if you have the proper bed for you and your family members at home. Note the name of the mattress and look for it at a site such as www.sleepys.com when you get home.
⁻ Bright, stimulating colors can impact sleep too. Take a look at the room online before you book your hotel to be sure the colors feel calming to you.
⁻ Keep the temperature around 68 degrees for a great night’s sleep.
One lucky reader is going to win a Sleepy’s Soiree Classic Plush Latex Pillow!
How to enter: Leave comments below with your qualifying entries. Leave a Separate comment for each entry telling us which you qualify for.
MANDATORY 1st entry– Visit Sleepy’s and tell us another product you would love to try!
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted.
- 2 entries-Like Sleepy’s on Facebook.
- 2 entries- Follow Sleepy’s on Twitter.
- 2 entries– Grab The Bragging Mommy button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 5 entries– Follow thebraggingmommy on Instagram.
- 1 entry for each– Follow The Bragging Mommy via Pinterest, Google +, Facebook, Twitter, subscribe to emails, subscribe in reader.
- 10 entries– Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. Leave a link to your post.
- 1 entry per day– Tweet this giveaway including a link to this post and @braggingmommy and @sleepys in your tweet.
You can enter this giveaway until April 29th @10:00 am MST. The winner will then be chosen at random, verified and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to email us back and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you agree to The Bragging Mommy Full Disclosure. You must be over the age of 18 and live in the Contiguous US to enter.