I received these products for my review. All opinions are my own.
Stylish and compact, Retract-A-Gate is a baby safety gate that was designed with simple installation, ease of use, durability, and most of all safety in mind. You can find cheaper baby gates, but you will not find one which offers more value than Retract-A-Gate; that is our promise to you. Investing in Retract-A-Gate is an investment in your family and your home, baby and pet safety being the priority, and we know how you want that to be an investment that will last. We have extensively tested all our competitors’ retractable gates and are familiar with their quality. Retract-A-Gate has distinct advantages over these imitators; here are just a few of the reasons to choose the Original Retract-A-Gate!
- Other baby gates have a loud ratcheting noise when retracting; Retract-A-Gate is quiet.
- The mounting hardware for other safety gates is ugly and stands out; Retract-A-Gate mounting brackets are clear, nearly invisible, and guaranteed strong and durable.
- The widest any other retractable gate can cover is 55 inches; Retract-A-Gate can accommodate openings up to 72 inches.
- Any other gate is limited to its maximum opening; multiple Retract-A-Gates can connect together to cover as wide as you need (this is for special circumstances only).
- Thin and compact, Retract-A-Gate was engineered to be out of your way when not in use which is perfect for high traffic areas.
- Retract-A-Gate is one of the few gates certified and tested for use at the top and bottom of stairs so you can be confident your children are safe from falling.
- Retract-A-Gate is certified safe by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) and retested every year.
- Other gates have complicated locking mechanisms; Retract-A-Gate locks open and closed with a simple yet childproof lock.
- The Retract-A-Gate is one of the tallest safety gates available with a mesh height of 34 inches.
Ease of use
- Some retractable gates make you manually rewind them; Retract-A-Gate rewinds automatically.
- A few claim one-hand operation; Retract-A-Gate truly has simple, one-hand use.
- Other baby gates jam if you pause while opening or closing them. Retract-A-Gate was engineered to avoid this cumbersome method of use and allows you to walk through without completely opening.
- No other baby gate on the market allows for simple relocation; the brackets for the Retract-A-Gate are universal and allow quick, easy relocation.
- Other safety gates use multiple complicated parts for installation.
- Retract-A-Gate’s components are strong, simple and fast to install.
- Retract-A-Gate is the only retractable gate designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Most other gates are made in China. Retract-A-Gate is the only retractable gate made in the USA.
- Retract-A-Gate has won many awards including the iParenting Media Award and Parent Tested Parent Approved Award.
- There are many gates that specify using the gate for just children or just pets. Retract-A-Gate was engineered for use with both children AND pets.
How you install the Retract-A-Gate
The Retract-A-Gate retractable baby gate was designed to be easy to install, as well as use. Retract-A-Gate can be installed inside a walk-way, around the corner of a walk-way, at the top of stairs, the bottom of stairs, or even on an angle. No other safety gate in its class offers the same durability, simplicity, and ease of installation.
For installation, there are four identical brackets you will install; two on either side of the opening. The brackets mount at 3 and 31 inches off the floor and need about 2.5 inches of flat surface to attach to. When done, the horizontal distance (across the opening) between upper and lower brackets must be identical. This keeps the baby gate square and properly fit. All that’s left is to snap the gate into the brackets and that’s it!…the safety gate is ready to use.
- Brackets: 2.5 inches wide; 1.25 inches high
- Gate Retracted: About 3 inches in diameter
- Standard Length: 52 or 72 inches (includes the brackets)
- Mesh: 34 inches tall
- Height to the top of the lock: 38 inches
- Brackets mount at 3 and 31 inches off the floor
Let’s talk baby gates– any gate that keeps baby safe is a good one for them, but what about you and your house? I’d certainly had some close calls stepping over gates with things in my hands and almost slipping… or the annoying factor of undoing a gate each time you need to go downstairs. Or those gates that have the doorways in them… they’re OK, but the opening is narrow and they can be hard for older kids (or grandparents, #amiright?) to get through. There has to be a better way.
I’m literally obsessed. Especially for situations like mine, where I don’t have any little babies or toddlers anymore, but I do in-home childcare. I needed gates that went away when I wanted them to but that weren’t impossible to set up every time I was watching a little one.
Here’s a short video that I did to show you how easy it is to open and close. (Videos are not my strong suit. =) )
It is super easy to install. That is a major plus. Can you use a screwdriver? Then you’re good to go. I love that the brackets are clear so you don’t even notice them.
Umm.. and when viewing this photos, please ignore the ugly wall marks from previous gates that never really panned out… sigh. Thank goodness for Retract-A-Gate! Maybe now I will actually paint over these and my stairway can return to it’s previously normal state. I love that the Retract-A-Gate is durable- they’ve tested not only their gate, but other gates as well and have designed a product that will last. You only have to buy one gate, and you’ll be able to use it until your kids and grown and then you can pass it along to another family!
Here are my favorite features:
Easy. Easy to install, easy to use.
Stylish. It looks good.
Safe. They’ve tested it extensively.
Durable. It’s going to last you through many babies (and pets)
‘Merica. This baby is proudly made in the USA.
I just love how it looks! It’s so clean and sleek, so simple. It doesn’t add a ton of visual clutter like other gates do.
This is a premium baby gate, the top of the line. And for a reasonable price. Be sure to check them out TODAY and never buy another baby or pet gate again!
Things that are Brag Worthy
- Exceeds the European Standard EN1930:2011
- JPMA certified baby gate for the top and bottom of stairs
- Ships to all European countries
- Installs on your stair posts or spindles without drilling holes when used with our Stair Banister Adapter Kit
- Retractable gate proven durable for dogs and cats
- Automatically and quietly rewinds to a small roll
- Tough, washable, see-through mesh barrier
- Locks open or closed with childproof lock
- Installs in minutes with included hardware
- 34″ tall mesh; fits openings to 72″ wide
- Baby gate for children 6 through 24 months
- 100% Made in USA child and pet safety gate
- Great outdoors on decks, porches, boats & Motor Homes
- Easy, one-handed operation retractable safety gate
- Allows you to walk through without completely opening
- Retract-A-Gate can be removed and reinstalled instantly to alternate locations with an Additional Universal Mounting Bracket Kit