This is a sponsored guest post.
Often couples underestimate the importance of pregnancy planning. The chances of having a healthy baby are much higher if you prepare properly before conception.
Often couples underestimate the importance of pregnancy planning. The chances of having a healthy baby are much higher if you prepare properly before conception. Reproductive medical centers offer ART (assisted reproductive technologies) and fully customized pregnancy plans in order to help future parents with conceiving, carrying and birthing healthy children. The infertility problem is a common one in the modern society, which is why pregnancy planning is required to minimize the possibility of failed conception or miscarriage.
The advantages of pregnancy planning
Health condition of the parents directly influences baby’s health. There are also many other pros to being prepared:
- Conception happens more easily;
- The amount of complications during pregnancy is minimized;
- A much healthier baby is born;
- Post birth recovery takes less time and is more simple;
- There is a smaller chance of the baby having heath related issues even in the adulthood, etc.
Planning your pregnancy brings you more awareness about the changes in your own body, which makes you prepared for any challenges that can appear on this journey.
Planning for pregnancy
Pregnancy planning is a process, which should be discussed with a professional. Highly trained professionals at reproductive medical centers will guide you on this way to a happy and healthy pregnancy. The general recommendations are:
- A balanced diet is essential for getting your body in a better shape. You should avoid fatty fried foods and excess sugar. Instead, focus on eating fruit, vegetables, wholegrain foods, nuts, fish, etc. This is also important for men, as the bad diet affects the quality of sperm. Eating a lot of red meat and drinking alcohol and coffee leads to low quality of sperm;
- Taking specific vitamins is advised. The most important is folic acid. Taking it before pregnancy will minimize the risks of baby having problems with spine or brain.