This post is brought to you by essaypro.com
It is every woman’s dreams to have a family of her own, being a wife and a mother has always being a desire of most women. They seek a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction by being successful moms. Being a mom takes responsibility, sacrifice and most importantly strength! Yes, strength, because it is never that easy, as a mom you will have to put up with one shenanigan after another, you will have to show love even when you feel unloved or unappreciated, you will have to offer you time even when you are tired, stressful right! Don’t give up yet. Fun fact, women are said to be the most gifted persons on earth, the strength of a woman is said to be the greatest to be seen. As a woman you are able to withstand a lot, you have a multitasking superpower. This can only be possible and alive only if you believe in yourself and take full advantage of your gift as a woman.
As Gilda Radner said, ‘motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It the glorious life force, it’s huge and scary it is simply an act of infinite optimism’. Despite the challenges that a mother will go through, being able to balance everything happening is what really makes a successful mom.
Qualities of a great mother.
Motherhood is a journey, one that you are responsible for yielding a character in your child, traits that you will be proud of seeing them in your child. There are a number of characteristics a good mother has to have:
- Patience: raising children can be a hand full, but is not impossible. Having patience as a mom is a key factor as it allows you to take a day at a time. With patience, you will allow your child to develop at the normal rate. You will be able to understand some things happening to the child and accepting the child as he or she is. Therefore bringing a healthy child in every aspect; physically, emotionally and psychologically.
- Strength: as I had mentioned in the introduction, it is mandatory for a mom to gather all the strength she can get because it is not easy. Being strong as a mom can act as a support system to your family in general. As a mom, you will need to reassure the anxieties and fear of your child thus making changes less stressful. You are your child’s refuge in terms of comfort. It may not be easy but by simply being calm and reasonable at all times, it can ease the burden.
- Empathetic: a mother should master the art of understanding and sharing the feeling of your child. With this quality, a mom will be able to understand her child in case of any deviance, since you will set a very comfortable environment for the child to share his or her issue as they will be able to let their guard down since they will feel that you are on their side rather than being against them which may hinder an open talk. This yields a responsible and strong child. It also cultivates trust in your relationship with your child.
- Loving: love makes the world go round! Indeed everybody needs love. As a great mom, it is important to show your child that you love him or her. Love makes the child have a sense of belonging; it yields an emotionally healthy child.
- Authoritative: time to time, your child may step out of line; when it comes to discipline, most people use the phrase spare the rod, spoil the child. As a good mom, you are required to maintain your child’s discipline by simply setting boundaries. Enable your child to understand how far is too far. Boundaries will let your child explore within safe confines. This makes the child know that doing some things that are unacceptable actually has consequences. The mom should ensure to follow up with the consequences.
- Supportive: a mother is a support system to her family, it is, therefore, important for a mother to always support her child in every endeavor and not force her child to do activities that they are not interested in. a good mom should also maintain communication with the child so as to get to know the different interests of the child. This value of support boosts the child’s confidence, therefore, an emotionally and psychologically strong child. You can boost your child’s confidence by taking them on outdoor activities such as atv riding, planting, jungle gym or hiking, etc…
These qualities explain a successful and great mother which helps to raise healthy kids in return.
Motherhood can be termed as a full-time job, although there are other women despite motherhood is a job in itself, they are involved in more activities. The student moms, they are mothers who juggle with being wives, employed and being students. I know you may be thinking that this is simply impossible; I mean what kind of strength do they have, could they be superhumans?
Well, the truth is they are exactly as you are, having no superpower whatsoever. So how do they do it you ask? Not to worry I got you! After reading this, being a student mom will be as easy as taking a candy from a toddler. Ha-ha! No pun intended though.
It all needs strategy and planning, wait! It’s not that hard, trust me. Let me break it down:
Life as a student mom
Being a student can be really draining generally, you will be required to submit an assignment on time; you will be required to attend classes. There are researches to be done, projects that you have to meet deadlines and still ensure that your grades are on the higher side for the hope of finally graduating. Now imagine having more responsibilities that require even more time and attention from you. It may actually seem really difficult to handle it; however, it is very possible to work through all this.
You should, however, get to know the challenges you are possibly going to face:
Challenges as a student mom
- Time management
- Planning your schedules within a specific time frame.
- Getting your own time
- Spending ample time with the family
- Beating school deadlines.
- Accepting how different you are from your fellow students.
Acing it as a student mom
As we all know that not planning is planning to fail. As a student mom, you are required to have a solid strategy that will enable you to keep your house in order. Here are some of the tips that will help you as a student mom have an easier time.
- Making a schedule:
This is simply writing out a routine for yourself and your family. Most people fail in their activities simply because they had poorly planned or did not delegate a specific time for it. As a mom who is still a student it is important if you make a schedule of the things that are needed to be done at specific times. This will enable ease of work and completion of the work assigned. This will also save you energy as the family members will know what they do at a given time. It is important to fully stick on the schedule so as to not cause inconveniences, especially in your school work.
- Save time:
As a student mom, you will be required to look for time-saving ideas. This will enable you to work more efficiently and save you energy as well. You will need to uphold some ideas so as to squeeze some family time as bonding in your family is important. You could have the duties that take too long, done mostly on weekends, look for efficient and smart ways to study to save on the time you spend to study.
You will be required to communicate with the lecturers in school and let them know of your responsibilities so as to enable them plan better and in return, you will not have a hard time fitting in as they will plan to have you in mind.
It is very possible to be overwhelmed with so many things to do as a student mom. Many often let go of themselves and this ultimately affects the family’s wellbeing. Therefore to ace it as a student as well as a mom, it is important to take some time off studying and treat yourself a little bit. You could also free your time to spend ample time with your family and enjoy their company this in return helps improve the family bond.
- Take advantage of campus services:
For the lucky ones in colleges, there are amenities that would help a student mom make her life some way easier. Amenities such as the gym may save the mom time to move from the home to the gym to back home to school again. It makes it easier for her. There are also websites that would help a student mom with her studies in terms of getting book reviews or helpful essays. This in return saves her studying time. Essay Pro is one of the most efficient websites suitable for a student mom.
- Supportive family:
No need to feel like superwoman and think that you can do it all by yourself. Friends and family are here for a reason. It is okay to ask for help at times. Try taking advantage of the network of people around you and asking for their help in anything that may be pressing you. Maybe you are required to do a couple of things and you won’t be able to attend to all, you could ask for help from your partner or friends.
Being a mom does not mean that you won’t be able to do the things that you have always wanted to do, or be the person who you have always dreamed of becoming. For the student moms who are wondering how to pull this through here is a little help just for you.
Spread your wings!