As you already know, I have two fur babies. I love them sooooo much! They are a part of our family just as much as my human babies are. I still remember the day I first met both of them, holding them for the first time, and of course picking a name that fit them perfectly.
IAMS has releases a new video called “A Boy and His Dog Duck”. It shows how this sweet dog named Duck, got his name in an adorable way. Check it out…
How sweet is that? I have to admit I got teary eyed the first time I saw it. How adorable! Besides the cute way Duck got his name, I loved seeing the special relationship between the boy and his dog. They are our best friends and family members for life!
In light of this IAMS Duck video I thought I would share the stories of how my dogs got their names.
My boxer is 8 years old and I have had her since she was a new puppy. We purchased her from one of our neighbors that lived just down the street. I wanted to name her Lily, I thought that was such a cute name. My husband wasn’t a fan but sinceI had come up with a flower name he went with the theme and said “How about Daisy?”. I loved it. It was perfect for her. Daisy. And since I always give my my dogs a middle name I finished it off with Daisy May. Her name was complete (and super cute). She was super hyper and remained a puppy for well over 3 years. But she is the sweetest dog. She loves my kids and never gets mad at them, she is so patience and kind to them (even when they were babies and toddlers). She is protective and at the same time afraid of a lot, LOL. Our home wouldn’t be the same without her.
I met my tiny toy poodle back when she was smaller than a soda can. I picked her out while she was still being nursed by her mom. I had to wait about 4 weeks before I was able to bring her home. That was hard waiting. I knew right away I wanted to name her Zoey. She has a quirky little personality and the name fits her very well. Of course she had to have a middle name, hers is Ana. Zoey Ana. From the moment she came to our home she has been my little cuddle bug. She likes to nestle right under my chin and cuddle with me. It is so sweet. She is my baby, and since she is so tiny (only 4 lbs.) she seems like she is still a puppy. She’s not though, she is 5 years old. My daughter cannot get enough of holding and petting Zoey.
Both of my kids love having our two dogs in our home and they really are members of our family.
How did you come up with the names for your dogs? I would love to hear! Share in the comments section.
About IAMS Dog Food
- IAMS™ ProActive Health™ products are featured in the ad campaign.
- IAMS™ ProActive Health™ products are fortified with essential minerals to help build strong bones. They’re also enriched with antioxidants to help develop a strong immune system and build strong, firm muscles with protein sourced from chicken and egg.
- IAMS™ products help dogs stay vibrant and active because they are based on years of research and dedication to the health of pets.
- The IAMS™ Brand is dedicated to being a key component to helping enhance dogs’ health at every life stage, allowing pet owners to savor the special relationships they build with their dogs throughout life.
- IAMS™ believes that the right diet can do amazing things for pets, including boostingimmunity, helping to maintain muscle, helping to promote healthy digestion and reducing tartar buildup.
IAMS™ products are available for purchase now at mass retailers and pet stores nationwide. For more information on IAMS™ products, visit The IAMS website at: www.iams.com, Like IAMS on Facebook, or Follow IAMS on Twitter.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.