Mold. Ewwwww. I seriously get grossed out just thinking about it. Now thinking about it being in my home, oh no I’m sick :( But the truth is 100% of homes have mold*. Yep, even if you thought you were exempt from this topic , your not.
So now that I realize mold is all around me. I know it is in my bathrooms. Probably in my toilets and showers since they tend to be the most neglected area of my home. I just hate how gross they are to clean so I tend to slack off in that department. Regardless of my poor performance in these areas there are things you can do to fight the mold:
- For the grout in your bathroom you can use a toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide. You will want to set it in the peroxide and then brush the grout and repeat.
- Tilex® has Mold Stain & Mildew Stain remover. I personally haven’t tried it but seeing that it “Kills 99.9% of household mold & mildew, Eliminates stains before your eyes, Delivers a powerful clean without scrubbing, and Contains Clorox® Bleach”, I am going to have to try it out.
- Bleach is good, you can mix it with hot water. The ratio should be about a cup of bleach to a gallon of water.
- Mold grows in dark and damp conditions so try to keep areas that are mold prone dry (and well lit if possible).
- Use a squeegy on the glass and walls of your shower. This will dry the surface and prevent mold growth.
- For a more natural aaproach you can use tea tree oil and water on the area, spray it on and don’t wipe it off.
- When cleaning mold dry the area immediately after so their is no moisture (mold needs moisture to grow).
- It is best to stay on top of the bathroom cleaning (I should say that into a mirror 🙂 ). But prolonging cleaning will just allow the mold to grow and flourish, then you will have a mold hostel take over on your hands 🙂
I would love to hear your tips and tricks for fighting mold in your bathroom. Please leave a comment on this post.
Would you like to win a 40” flat screen television? (who wouldn’t) Or how about a year’s subscription to Netflix for streaming movies? Then you will definitely want to enter the Tilex “Cancel the Mold Show in Your Bathroom” sweepstakes on Facebook.
Entering is as easy as submitting a form. And for every friends you invite you get another entry into the sweepstakes.
About Tilex® Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover, Refreshing Breeze:
The cleaning power you expect, a new fresh scent you’ll love. Tilex® Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover, Refreshing Breeze packs all the dirt-destroying power you demand, attacks mold stains and mildew stains and leaves a refreshing scent to keep your bathroom smelling as clean as it looks.
More info on Tilex® Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover: http://www.tilex.com/mildew-stain-remover/
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tilex blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
*Reynolds, K.A., S. Boone, K. Bright, C.P. Gerba. Survey of Indoor Mold in the Home Environment and Efficacy of a Hypochlorite Disinfectant.