The kitchen is a great place for cooking and enjoying time together as a family. It is one of the best parts of our home since we spend so much time in it as a family. It can also easily be the messiest part of our home (and usually is). So I like to find ways to make our Kitchen routines more efficient so that I spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying my time in it
Here are my Tips for a More Efficient Daily Kitchen Routine:
1. Dishes are always the work in the kitchen that never stops. So I like to have my family add there dirty dishes into the dishwasher as they use them. Then no one has to load the whole dishwasher. Then each night I run it and in the morning I empty it out so it’s ready for another day. I really like this because then we never have the nasty sink full of dishes, they are always taken care of.
2. I recently took the Dawn® Power Clean™ 5 minute challenge. By simply soaking dishes in Dawn Power Clean Dishwashing Liquid for 5 minutes. I was really impressed will the results. We cooked spare ribs in the oven for about an hour, and man was that pan a huge caked on mess! So I soaked it for 5 minutes with Dawn Power Clean and viola! That was the easiest pan to clean, everything just came off with ease. I LOVE it! I will be soaking my pans and dishes for 5 minutes from now on. And the great thing is I can get a lot of other kitchen clean up done during the 5 minutes of soaking.
3. Every evening after dinner we take the time to clean up the kitchen, the clutter, wipe the counters, etc… so that come morning we have a fresh clean kitchen to start our day in. It really helps to set a happier mood for everyone’s day as we enjoy breakfast.
4. Clean up as you cook. I really like to do this. As I cook I put things away, it really makes after dinner clean up much easier. It is simple to return ingredients into their places as you go. I also like to keep up with the dishes as I cook.
5. Enlist help from the kids. You don’t have to do it all yourself. It is really good to teach your kids to help clean up as well. Set daily or chores for your kids to help out in the kitchen. Chore charts are a must to help everyone remember who is in charge of what. Not only will it help you a ton, but it teaches your kids responsibility. And they are never to young. My 4 year old can help unload and put away dishes
These things have really helped me to have a clean and efficient kitchen routine everyday. What are your tips or tricks? I would love to hear them so I can incorporate them into my routine as well…
About Dawn Dishwashing Products
With Dawn’s line of power products, you can get the amazing power of an overnight soak in just five minutes. These products cut grease and dissolve tough foods on your everyday dishes (even the ones you bake in) without the effort of elbow grease!
Dawn Power Clean Dishwashing Liquid
Discover DAWN’S BEST CLEAN with micro-scrubbing enzymes that power through food messes with ease, from everyday grease to tough lasagna dishes! Dawn Power Clean is available in Refreshing Rain Scent and Vibrant Fresh Scent
More info on Dawn: http://www.dawn-dish.com
Like Dawn on Facebook
Follow @dawndishsoap on Twitter
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Dawn blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points, and I received free product for participating. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.